By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Bigger Suprise Sales Success: Helldivers 2 or Palworld?

Tagged games:

Bigger Sales Surprise Success?

Helldivers 2 18 47.37%

Palworld 20 52.63%

Total:38
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
Leynos said:

Palworld, and the sad thing is it's not even a real game. It's AI-stolen assets and some bullshit slapped together that would normally be forgotten steam trash. The problem is we live in an era of moronic streamers making a bunch of garbage popular. Helldivers 2 is at least a real game and a sequel to a well-liked game on PS4. It also seems to be one of those kinds of sequels that takes everything people liked about the first and dials it up to 1000.

The AI allegations are false:

Still looks like deviant art shit of some idiot makes a green Sonic drawing calls it original and says do not steal. They all look like Pokemon ripoffs and not in a homage kind of way. Just shit.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Helldivers 2 is very successful. Bought 3 copies (one on Play Station Five and 2 on PC) to play with my kids and friends. But while the huge success was a bit of a surprise, it was expected (backed up by Sony, Play Station exclusive, etc..)

Palworld came out of nowhere, and it was a big surprise to everyone.

Leynos said:

The AI allegations are false:

Still looks like deviant art shit of some idiot makes a green Sonic drawing calls it original and says do not steal. They all look like Pokemon ripoffs and not in a homage kind of way. Just shit.

Can say the same about pokemon

Was Palworld even that much of a success? It had an explosive launch, but it fell almost as quickly as it rose. Judging by CCU stats on steam, it definitely doesn't seem to have much staying power in terms of popularity, even when compared to Helldivers 2.

Jules98 said:

Was Palworld even that much of a success? It had an explosive launch, but it fell almost as quickly as it rose. Judging by CCU stats on steam, it definitely doesn't seem to have much staying power in terms of popularity, even when compared to Helldivers 2.

I would probably assume 25 million players, majority actual sales, would be considered quite a success for a game that only had a $6 million budget. 

Around the Network
Leynos said:

I never liked Pokemon either but at the very least they were real games.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

I never liked Pokemon either but at the very least they were real games.

"They were real games"... Palworld IS a real game lol Not liking a game does not make it "not real" you know. 

I mean, I have it installed right there and pretty sure this is a real thing... :D

I mean I never even heard of Palworld until we were getting hourly updates of how many millions of players bought it, so that.

I feel Helldivers. It's easy to see why Palworld would get a lot of attention and then start to fizzle out quickly. Helldivers didn't really have a hook and has seemingly maintained its success, so I'll go with that.

As someone who would rather play Helldivers 2 and believes it's the better product, Palworld is the bigger surprise success.
Palworld has the 2nd highest CCU player count on Steam ever. Sold 25 million copies and probably around 30 million players now including Game Pass numbers. Palworld had significantly less funding and development support than Helldivers 2 as a Playstation published title. It's also the reason Helldivers 2 will have more consistent support going forward.