By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FF7 Rebirth has reportedly sold half what Remake did in the same timeframe

I enjoyed Rebirth a lot. One area of the game reminded me of Xenoblade. So that was my fave map. The last act tho kinda stinks. Some bad writing and a bit too fan service. I enjoyed it overall tho.. Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth. I love that franchise but that game I had to force myself to finish. In fact, I took a break from that game halfway through to play and finish Rebirth and a couple of other RPGs then came back to IW and still had to force myself to finish it. Rebirth is the best FF effort since FFIX tbh. Not counting side games and MMOs. Still rank FF7 original above it. I'd other RPGs are generally better. Persona 3R is. Xenoblade series in general. Metaphor looks amazing. Stacked year for the genre tho. No matter how you feel about Rebirth.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Played the original 25 years ago. Recently picked it up on the Switch. I wanted a slow paced cosy game for handheld gaming and a turn based RPG is perfect for that.

There is still a lot to like. The writing is great. From emotional to downright funny. The battle system is still a lot of fun. But, I have to say this, the mini games suck. Golden Saucer, Condor and the rest sprinkled in are downright rough and infuriating.

I played FF7 Remake, but not Rebirth (for many reasons), but hearing the emphasis on mini games I think that was a wrong choice.

FF7 Rebirth is a great 25 hour game. Problem is it's 50+ hours.

JWeinCom said:

Isn't that typical JRPG playtime though? That's always been one of the biggest reasons as to why I can't get into JRPGs. Along with the anime art style and notorious grind most of the games have, but that's a different matter altogether.

I'll see so much talk about Persona, FF, Xenoblade, Dragon Quest, Ys, Trails of, etc. and I'll see how long it takes to play the games and they're upwards of 50 hours. Many of them can go up to 100 hours!

I did play FF7 Remake and FF16. And while I did enjoy them, it was pretty obvious the amount of filler that were in the games that really inflated the playtime and did sour my experience a bit.

So FF7 Rebirth being a 50 hour game doesn't really surprise and I feel like that should be expected.

G2ThaUNiT said:
JWeinCom said:

Isn't that typical JRPG playtime though? That's always been one of the biggest reasons as to why I can't get into JRPGs. Along with the anime art style and notorious grind most of the games have, but that's a different matter altogether.

I'll see so much talk about Persona, FF, Xenoblade, Dragon Quest, Ys, Trails of, etc. and I'll see how long it takes to play the games and they're upwards of 50 hours. Many of them can go up to 100 hours!

I did play FF7 Remake and FF16. And while I did enjoy them, it was pretty obvious the amount of filler that were in the games that really inflated the playtime and did sour my experience a bit.

So FF7 Rebirth being a 50 hour game doesn't really surprise and I feel like that should be expected.

To clarify, my complaint isn't about the length. A game being 50 hours isn't inherently bad, if it has 50 hours of engaging content. FF7 Rebirth doesn't. You mentioned the filler in FF7 Remake, and I think it's worse in this one. There's some good parts, but to get to them you have to slog through way too much filler that ranges from tedius to decent.