By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Media Franchises That Have Not Fulfilled Their Gaming Potential?

Tagged games:

SanAndreasX said:
Leynos said:

The Last Starfighter. Not hard to imagine what this could be.

Atari attempted twice to do a TLS game. The first attempt became Solaris on the 2600. The second attempt was reworked into Star Raiders II on the Atari 8-bit line. However, a prototype of TLS was leaked out in the 1980s. I've played it. 

I would like a modern one that plays more like Chorvs

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Signalstar said:

Bladerunner

Hm, Westwood's Blade Runner from 1997 is one of the best P&C adventure games ever made, and it's really doing justice to the IP.

That said, a few years later, when Mafia 1 released, both my friend and I had the same conclusion - Mafia 1 would be a pretty good template for some future Blade Runner game - I had this same feeling much later while playing Sleeping Dogs - unfortunately, that never happened.

SAguy said:

Am I in the minority in thinking that Avatar:TAL/Korea would be a terrible game? Just thinking how complex the controls would have to be to account for 4 elements + the spiritual powers the character has? He'll people were complaining about ToTK controls and that would look like a Mario 1 compared to the hypothetical Avatar game.

You don't need an Avatar playable to have a game in that universe.

If you do, I think switching between stances like in Ghost of Tsushima could be an option. 

Ghost Of Tsushima’s Combat Is Perfect For An Avatar: TLA Game (screenrant.com)

I might be in the minority, but I'd like a big ATLA game before Avatar Szeto (the Avatar before Yangchen). The tech and culture could be more 1300s Asia or even earlier. Think middle to late Middle Ages.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Leynos said:
SanAndreasX said:

Atari attempted twice to do a TLS game. The first attempt became Solaris on the 2600. The second attempt was reworked into Star Raiders II on the Atari 8-bit line. However, a prototype of TLS was leaked out in the 1980s. I've played it. 

I would like a modern one that plays more like Chorvs

Oh sweet sweet nostalgia.  I'd love a game that started out 8 to 16 bit graphics and after you beat it, opens up into the real game with modern graphics / gamplay