By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Boom Box to have best physics on any console??

StarcraftManiac said:

Nothing beats Half Life 2 Episode 2's physics! Especially not a game that is made entirely out of wooden blocks!

Have you seen some of the destruction-parts in HL2EP2?!... Some bad-ass physics right there! Not to be rude, but Wii can't do those!

Interesting, but why do you think Wii couldn't do those?

Also with Boom blox Wii doesn't have to worry about the graphics and focus everything on the physics, while I am sure the PS3 and 360 crowd would consider this an unmature game, the Wii crowd seems to accept it and is able to have fun with it. 

Around the Network

....this topic should be called.

"Because Wii haters know more about Boom Blox development and physics than its own developers, and therefore say this is bogus."

It's not that bad so far, but it'sa cookin' something up.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

StarcraftManiac said:

Nothing beats Half Life 2 Episode 2's physics! Especially not a game that is made entirely out of wooden blocks!

Have you seen some of the destruction-parts in HL2EP2?!... Some bad-ass physics right there! Not to be rude, but Wii can't do those!

EDIT: EXAMPLE of good physics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Excy2yFcpbI&feature=related

Erm.. are the laws of physics less realistic on wooden blocks than any other object?

They did not claim that it was better based on the objects present in the game, they said it has the best physics.. it doesn't need to be graphically impressive or anything special to have realistic physics/gravity..

Ares said:
It uses Havok, same engine as Half Life 2, Oblivion, Smash Bros Brawl, Carnival games (arg!), Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Godfather, My Sims, Halo 3, etc...

The biggest difference is that BoomBlox is very centrated in physics, so you will notice it more, but try to make similar systems inside Oblivion (put a dead body over another and make everything fall) and you will notice that it is going to work very similar...

http://www.havok.com/content/blogcategory/29/73/

Ares hit the nail on the head. I suppose if EA was willing to modify the engine enough to make the physics even better, then Boom Blox might have a shot at the title, especially since its obvious that they're not using the Wii's horsepower for graphics. (Note: I approve of this strategy, since the entire game is based on physics). But I doubt it'll completely blow other games out of the water.

And @ ZenfoldorVGI:

I don't think most of us here are Wii haters; we just know that developers often engage in hyperbole about their games. See: Bethesda, Lionhead, etc. I'd love to be proven wrong on this game, and I'll probably pick it up when I've got more cash (Wiiware gets dibs on my wallet), but EA has made quite a claim, and most of us are going to wait and see if they can back it up. Personally, I hope they do.