By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS screws MSN music owners.....MS being MS!!

smbu2000 said:
Auron said:
krik said:
I feel sorry for the 8 or 9 users affected by this. lol

Failed music service aside...it just goes to show their attitudea to their customers.

Many companies screw with their customers, like MS is doing here. For example, Sony-BMG secretly installing rootkits on your pc when you played one of their cd's on your pc. All companies do it...

@krik: That was pretty funny, hehe

/agree

Around the Network

Emule won't stop my musics to work...

LOL, you pay for DRM-infected content, you get screwed. Simple as that.

www.cuidar.com.br

MS dropping Zune confirmed??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Auron said:
Andres9888 said:
They can just download drm free songs on a p2p site and then the problem would be solved.

Piracy....yea that's the slution.

It really is though.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Auron said:
Andres9888 said:
They can just download drm free songs on a p2p site and then the problem would be solved.

Piracy....yea that's the slution.

It really is though.

It could be used as a tool to force these internet music stores to use better practices but it onlyhurts the industry in the end.

Around the Network
gebx said:

I hope not as much as i hate MS i hate Apple and especially the Ipod more.

Can't you just burn all your tracks onto a CD, then extract them as mp3's?

Thats what I do with songs purchased from iTunes, I just make a music CD for the car/truck, use Roxio to extract the songs into MP3 format, then delete the iTunes format. It leaves me with a legal hard copy and file copy that I paid for that I should be able to use on any MP3 player, PC or any other mp3 playing device of my choice. Everybody wins

Auron said:
gebx said:

I hope not as much as i hate MS i hate Apple and especially the Ipod more.

LOL...there is hope for you after all :)

west-phoenix-az said:

Thats what I do with songs purchased from iTunes, I just make a music CD for the car/truck, use Roxio to extract the songs into MP3 format, then delete the iTunes format. It leaves me with a legal hard copy and file copy that I paid for that I should be able to use on any MP3 player, PC or any other mp3 playing device of my choice.

You can do that but sound quality will be worse than original. Basically with every additional compression you will  lose some quality.

west-phoenix-az said:

Thats what I do with songs purchased from iTunes, I just make a music CD for the car/truck, use Roxio to extract the songs into MP3 format, then delete the iTunes format. It leaves me with a legal hard copy and file copy that I paid for that I should be able to use on any MP3 player, PC or any other mp3 playing device of my choice. Everybody wins

When i buy something i don't want to go through a 10 step process to use it....