By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS screws MSN music owners.....MS being MS!!

Untamoi said:
west-phoenix-az said:
Can't you just burn all your tracks onto a CD, then extract them as mp3's?

Thats what I do with songs purchased from iTunes, I just make a music CD for the car/truck, use Roxio to extract the songs into MP3 format, then delete the iTunes format. It leaves me with a legal hard copy and file copy that I paid for that I should be able to use on any MP3 player, PC or any other mp3 playing device of my choice.

You can do that but sound quality will be worse than original. Basically with every additional compression you will lose some quality.

I've never noticed in downgrade in quality. Like I said I only go from mp4 to CD to MP3. Sound quality is still perfect and I or anyone else listening never have any quality issues. Its when you start with a low quality that you notice it.

Around the Network
Auron said:
west-phoenix-az said:

Thats what I do with songs purchased from iTunes, I just make a music CD for the car/truck, use Roxio to extract the songs into MP3 format, then delete the iTunes format. It leaves me with a legal hard copy and file copy that I paid for that I should be able to use on any MP3 player, PC or any other mp3 playing device of my choice. Everybody wins

When i buy something i don't want to go through a 10 step process to use it....

Seriously? 10-steps?

Step 1: Download the song (can listen to on your PC or ipod)

Step 2: Burn an audio CD (now you have added the ability to play on any CD player)

Step 3: Extract the track to MP3 format (can play on anything and share with anyone)

If you buy from iTunes you can only put that track on your ipod or make a CD for playing in any CD player. Now if you want a MP3 that you can play in any MP3 device all you have to do is extract the tracks from your CD, which I pretty much always make one for my car, truck or for someone elses car, truck, home etc. I like to have actual backups as harddrives do crash and sometimes you can't get it back. So to me its no extra steps, I get everything I want, the way I want, and it takes about 1-minute a song.

Auron said:
Andres9888 said:
They can just download drm free songs on a p2p site and then the problem would be solved.

Piracy....yea that's the slution.

Is it really considered piracy? I mean, you already bought it in the digital form and since you can't use it anymore you'd have to re-dl it.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

you do lose quality with MP 3 you just can't hear it with most sound system... I have some songs from iTune and the same in good quality MP3... and I can feel the difference between both.... but you don't have to rip them in MP3 anyway

west-phoenix-az said:
Auron said:
west-phoenix-az said:

Thats what I do with songs purchased from iTunes, I just make a music CD for the car/truck, use Roxio to extract the songs into MP3 format, then delete the iTunes format. It leaves me with a legal hard copy and file copy that I paid for that I should be able to use on any MP3 player, PC or any other mp3 playing device of my choice. Everybody wins

When i buy something i don't want to go through a 10 step process to use it....

Seriously? 10-steps?

Step 1: Download the song (can listen to on your PC or ipod)

Step 1a. Go to store

Step 1b. Buy CD's 

Step 2: Burn an audio CD (now you have added the ability to play on any CD player)

Step 3: Extract the track to MP3 format (can play on anything and share with anyone)

If you buy from iTunes you can only put that track on your ipod or make a CD for playing in any CD player. Now if you want a MP3 that you can play in any MP3 device all you have to do is extract the tracks from your CD, which I pretty much always make one for my car, truck or for someone elses car, truck, home etc. I like to have actual backups as harddrives do crash and sometimes you can't get it back. So to me its no extra steps, I get everything I want, the way I want, and it takes about 1-minute a song.

I dunno about you but i haven't used a cd in years, with portable HDDs and Flash drives i have no use for em.  5 steps or 10 steps or even 2 extra steps are bullshit.  Digital Downloads are supoosed to be easier than buying physical medium no more complicated.

Around the Network

must be dropping zune

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Auron said:
stof said:
Auron said:
Andres9888 said:
They can just download drm free songs on a p2p site and then the problem would be solved.

Piracy....yea that's the slution.

It really is though.

It could be used as a tool to force these internet music stores to use better practices but it onlyhurts the industry in the end.

Screw that. you want to support an artist? See them in concert. That's where they make most of their money. Buying their music does more to fund record producers and distributers. And they're exactly what's wrong with music today.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.