By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FINAL FANTASY VII: REBIRTH COMPLETED - Open Discussion.

Xxain said:

Finished Gongaga region last night. Anybody want to defend the mushroom and chicken mini game? Though I do like trolling at the end of the chicken one. I wish the mini games would stop using the analog sticks. The Piano and mushroom were difficult because of severe drift for my left stick.

Interesting story developments though. Currently just starting Cosmo Canyon, Its seems smaller that previous regions? (A freebie region!?)

Ha. I know a lot of people were letting the chickens go all the way back instead of immediately tossing the bait thing again right away, I can't even imagine how much worse that would have been.

That being said, it does feel like the devs were being purposefully trolly/annoying with that one.

Around the Network

Mission complete! Made it to Chapter 12

Nibelhiem region Intel was short and sweet. If every other region was like this I would be less critical of Chadelys Chores. I loved the pressured piss Chocobo's.

I like Cait Sith; I really really do. He along with Barret are the two party members that benefit the most from the Remake. I was not feelin the Shinra Manor though. If it's not a mini game, then it's a lame ass gimmick. The box shit? Throw that out. Him being able to move through air docks was good enough. Maybe use Moogle with weight stuff.

I like Vincent's introduction. I was expecting a very dick sucky Vincent reveal annnnnnd he cant get his own terminal to work. I like how Cait Sith had to jump in and help him. 

His boss fight was dick suckey though. It reminded of a Kindom Hearts boss; ya know, that ones that try to hard to make the cool character boss overly flashy to the point of being a choatic mess. 

My boy Rosch! I wish he had more screen time. I lol after his defeat they threw a robe on him. That was super goofy. 

Cid is awesome! I air punched when he offered to tag along. The group is assembled!!!!! BUT, I do find his reasons for being interested in the gang to be too coincidental

I'm doing these difficult post-ending challanges that require two teams and... man do I suck at using characters outside my primary team (Cloud, Red XIII, Yuffie). Tifa's hit box is kinda bad, with the 3rd atrack of Trinity Strike often missing. Barret's movement is slow, but without it, he would have been overpowered, I just gotta rely much less on evading, quit obsessing over perfect blocking and just block the normal way more often. Aerith is infurtiating though lol, she keeps dying literal seconds into the fight, and I don't know how to not suck at using her yet. At least Barret compensates with his immediate attacks and good defense. My girl takes forever to do anything...

I have no strong opinion on Cait Sith other than finding him very different and enjoyable. Can see him being either my favorite to use or the most disappointing.

Can't wait for Cid in the 3rd game. Dragoons/Lancers >>>

Last edited by Kyuu - on 01 April 2024

Piecing together the scant info we have in the absence of any SE press release, it would seem Rebirth debuted around 2.5 million sales, the same as Dragon's Dogma 2. Of course, FF games don't have great legs while Capcom games generally do.

I wonder what that will mean for Part 3 since that should reasonably be expected to debut even lower than Rebirth. They'll 100% still finish the trilogy but some budget cuts might be in the cards if they don't get another exclusivity deal.

I'm a lot better now at using Barret, Tifa, and Aerith. Those 6 person challenges force you to git gud and I love it. Synergy skills across the board seem overpowered to different degrees, they deal decent damage and charge ATB for two characters simultaneously. But they're very much needed to "insta-teleoprt" your teammates and have them saved from high damaging enemy attacks, coz all they do otherwise is keep blocking.

Finished the UPA Musclehead Colesseum challenge on Hard last night using my main team (I gave up on it in Normal, but now I'm good enough to beat it on Hard, ha!). Speaking of the UPA... the G-Bike challenge's target score is glitched and cannot be beaten. My literal final side quest is bugged, how fucked up is that?

One thing where Rebirth's system totally outshines Remake's is how it encourages you to use uncommonly-used abilities/skills, determental effects, and dispel. I didn't find myself needing these in Remake. They can be gamechanging here and turn "unbeatable" challenges beatable. Little things like using Iron Defense against certain annoying attacks are immensely satisfying.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

Piecing together the scant info we have in the absence of any SE press release, it would seem Rebirth debuted around 2.5 million sales, the same as Dragon's Dogma 2. Of course, FF games don't have great legs while Capcom games generally do.

I wonder what that will mean for Part 3 since that should reasonably be expected to debut even lower than Rebirth. They'll 100% still finish the trilogy but some budget cuts might be in the cards if they don't get another exclusivity deal.

Pretty sure that the 3rd part will be considerably cheaper. There are not to many locations left and i'd be surprised if they add more mechanics (besides the snowboarding). 

Summerset said:

Pretty sure that the 3rd part will be considerably cheaper. There are not to many locations left and i'd be surprised if they add more mechanics (besides the snowboarding). 

Well, in terms of regions, there are:

1. Icicle Inn/Northern Crater, 2. Mideel, 3. Rocket Town, 4. Wutai (part of the main plot sometime in the game and I suspect it'll be after RT), 5. Midgar redux, 6. Northern Crater redux.

Plus modeling the entire bottom of the ocean, a likely KotR sidequest to replace the protorelics, the regions you should be able to revisit, and the devs also have spoken of 'redesigning' the map to accommodate the Highwind.

Not a lot less than Rebirth, unless their idea was to make half the game a reskin (Hojo's Lab, Junon?) or non-explorable (Mideel, Midgar?).

Kyuu said:

I'm doing these difficult post-ending challanges that require two teams and... man do I suck at using characters outside my primary team (Cloud, Red XIII, Yuffie). Tifa's hit box is kinda bad, with the 3rd atrack of Trinity Strike often missing. Barret's movement is slow, but without it, he would have been overpowered, I just gotta rely much less on evading, quit obsessing over perfect blocking and just block the normal way more often. Aerith is infurtiating though lol, she keeps dying literal seconds into the fight, and I don't know how to not suck at using her yet. At least Barret compensates with his immediate attacks and good defense. My girl takes forever to do anything...

I have no strong opinion on Cait Sith other than finding him very different and enjoyable. Can see him being either my favorite to use or the most disappointing.

Can't wait for Cid in the 3rd game. Dragoons/Lancers >>>

1. Barret doesn't have to be fast; He tanks not dodges. You should always have Steel Skin up. You should also be using his bullet skill a lot as well. Barret has tons of abilities that give him buffs after using overcharge.  I have always have steadfast block on Barret to further lower his damage. Hell, throw a barrier on him and you have a wall with a gun.

2. Cait Sith is interesting:

+ He can cast magic while moving if he's on mog

+ You can guard while casting magic on Mog

+ A lot of his skills are luck based so the higher his luck, the more chance of higher end damage.

+ Every time you use is triangle skill while on mog it builds the bar. When bar is filled a party wide buff is granted and his triangle skill upgrades

+ He has a skill that lets use use a summons ability as long as the summon could be used in the fight(Its like using summons in Classics)

+ When mog is summoned but you are not riding him, he attracts enemies. (Good way to create some openings for a heal) 

haxxiy said:

Not only does Final Fantasy not have great legs, it also doesn't have a stellar record in regards to sequels. 13 series as an example; Each installment sold half as much as the previous. Outside of being Final Fantasy 7, I don't think anybody should have had any expectation that all installments were going to doing to do 5mill+.  Part 3 should be relatively less expensive and shorter as the there are not many locations to add and that's if they were not written out. 

If budgets cuts means less fluff and a tighter experience then I would be for it. 

It's crazy that Dragon's Dogma 2 beat Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth in sales.