By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance Announced for PlayStation, Switch, Xbox, and PC June 2024

Sales for SMTVV are out in the UK

The game debuted in 1st place with 62% of sales being on ps5, 27% on switch and 11% on xbox

Around the Network

That's great.
on Steam it has extremely positive reviews.

Last edited by -Adonis- - on 19 June 2024

BasilZero said:
Mar1217 said:

Hoh, Nocturne heh ? 

Kind of a surprise you haven't touched that one in the first place since it's the one most people in the gaming would've experienced the series first.

My entry in the SMT series is odd compared to most people.

The first time I played a SMT game was Shin Megami Tensei I for the SNES via emulation in the early 2000s, I didnt really play it much but gave up in the first 10 min after getting destroyed lol

My first fully played SMT universe game (though a spinoff) was SMT Persona 1 Portable for PSP back in 2011, I played SMT Persona 2 Innocent Sin for PSP and SMT Persona 3 Portable on PSP back to back - and Persona 4 OG on PS2 in 2015.

I didnt play a mainline SMT game until SMTIV for the 3DS until 2020 and after that I played through IV Apocalypse, Soul Hackers 1, Devil Survivor, Devil Survivor 2 and Strange Journey all on 3DS.

I'm planning to play III Nocturne which I have on both Steam and PS4 and planning to play OG V on Switch (to play the original route) - I'll get Vengeance later on either on PC or PS5.

In terms of how much I score the series....

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS): 95
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse (3DS): 93
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS): 92
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker (3DS): 96
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS): 83
Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey Redux (3DS): 91
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 1 Portable (PSP): 88
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2 Innocent Sin (PSP): 85
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable (PSP): 95
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 (PS2): 97

And on how long it took me to beat each one....

What a journey you had so far with it. I remember browsing my local store in search of a good RPG since I hadn't got to play my 3DS in a while after Bravely Second. Found the game, though I recognized the franchise because of the internet osmosis of Nocturne popularity. 

It was love the moment I got to explore Tokyo undergrounds ! The gameplay aspects were quite addicting too.

Followed that I decided to play Devil Survivor Overclocked since it was recommended by most fans. Superb game too. 

Kneetos said:

Sales for SMTVV are out in the UK

The game debuted in 1st place with 62% of sales being on ps5, 27% on switch and 11% on xbox

Yup. People were right in thinking the PS5 would have the edge over the Switch since it hadn't release on it yet. A nice upgrade over the original and Switch release. Will prolly wait to pick it up and it on my future Switch 2 I think

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Enjoying the game quite a bit. Already level 35. My team composition sucks, so I keep changing it around. Eventually I shall find more ideal combos. Took out a level 45 obstacle, as long as I planned properly.

xblock getting it too...really!
What a waste of time and resources on that useless porting!
They did it in hoping m$ put it on random rental pass to get bribing money 😑

Warned: Trolling

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 04 July 2024

Around the Network
halil23 said:

xblock getting it too...really!
What a waste of time and resources on that useless porting!
They did it in hoping m$ put it on random rental pass to get bribing money 😑

Received the Steelbook Launch Edition yesterday.  Another great JRPG for the collection.

What platform did you purchase yours on?

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 03 July 2024

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I finally cracked and got vengeance for the switch

Initially I didn't feel like buying it because I already had the base version, but after a few good paydays I changed my mind and got it for the new stuff.

I do like that some stuff carried over though, that was nice

Same thing I posted in games beaten 2024 thread.

I beat Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance, my 6th JRPG of the year. So I first played the original run, which also came with a bunch of DLC. I was surprised by how light on content it was, clocking in at only 70 hours with me basically doing everything. But then again I guess they expect you to do multiple new game plus runs to get all the endings. I just wanted to play new content so I went straight to Canon of Vengeance after that, but I didn't do it with New Game Plus, so it took me quite awhile to redo parts of the story. However, the new content was nice to have. Multiple story changes and new bosses. I didn't have time to do the superbosses as I will go on a 3 week trip away from my game console, but it definitely would take some grinding or preparing a cheese strat. Overall, the whole package was well worth it, I think if I bought the original I would be disappointed in the lack of content, so I definitely recommend people play the Vengeance version.