By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

Pemalite said:
Farsala said:

What can I say? Focusing on your own career is indeed selfish. And there is nothing wrong with that. But it is what it is.

Because my career involves saving lives, it's selfish to put that first?

What kind of logic is that?

Wouldn't it be selfish if I had kids, died on the job (Which is a possibility) and never came home?

Farsala said:

Women who focus on their own education and career instead of their husband's is indeed more selfish. But again there is nothing wrong with that. I am not saying it is a particularly bad thing.

That is extremely sexist.
Women don't exist to serve man.
I would argue it is SELFISH if men demand women to focus on them. It's also narcissistic.

Women are their own people with their own ambitions.

Farsala said:

Women Who had to give up everything for their family at a ripe young age are the most selfless. Same thing with men but in a completely different way.

They made that assessment and determined it was the most appropriate course of action at the time.

Women aren't just breeders... This isn't the 1800's anymore where women are expected to stay at home and raise children, men can do it as well.
It's not about anyone being selfish, times have simply changed, anyone who thinks women need to stay at home to raise children, need to pull their head out and  grow up.

In-fact I would argue the most productive and HEALTHY relationships/households are when both partners work TOGETHER to raise a child and look after the home, responsibilities can be shared... And should be shared.

rapsuperstar31 said:

When Russia conquers England, and Trump laughs about not helping his ext NATO partners good luck.

This fear mongering doesn't do any good.
Russia's war machine has been showcased to be rather inadequate on the world stage, it's giving Ukraine a hard time, but it would be a far different story once someone like Germany, Britain, France or Italy get threatened, the technological superiority is a night and day difference.

Chrkeller said:

I love how the world has known for over a year Biden wasn't mentally fit and the liberal party is just now figuring it out.

It never should have gotten this far.

Everyone knew that Biden stumbles a fair bit, but he does still hold the necessary core values.

It's also a race between a criminal who conducted fraud and someone who is inept.
I would take the individual who is inept.

Feel for the USA when out of 330~ million people, $29 trillion dollar economy... These are literally the two best choices you get.
I thought we had it bad with SCOMO, but the USA like always... Needs to try and out-do everyone.

You guys win.

That is exactly my frustration.  Republicans were dumb enough to go Trump and liberals responded with "hold my beer" and grabbed a senile old who may or may not know where he is.

I just don't get what people were thinking.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Farsala said:

What can I say? Focusing on your own career is indeed selfish. And there is nothing wrong with that. But it is what it is.

Because my career involves saving lives, it's selfish to put that first?

What kind of logic is that?

Wouldn't it be selfish if I had kids, died on the job (Which is a possibility) and never came home?

Farsala said:

Women who focus on their own education and career instead of their husband's is indeed more selfish. But again there is nothing wrong with that. I am not saying it is a particularly bad thing.

That is extremely sexist.
Women don't exist to serve man.
I would argue it is SELFISH if men demand women to focus on them. It's also narcissistic.

Women are their own people with their own ambitions.

Farsala said:

Women Who had to give up everything for their family at a ripe young age are the most selfless. Same thing with men but in a completely different way.

They made that assessment and determined it was the most appropriate course of action at the time.

Women aren't just breeders... This isn't the 1800's anymore where women are expected to stay at home and raise children, men can do it as well.
It's not about anyone being selfish, times have simply changed, anyone who thinks women need to stay at home to raise children, need to pull their head out and  grow up.

In-fact I would argue the most productive and HEALTHY relationships/households are when both partners work TOGETHER to raise a child and look after the home, responsibilities can be shared... And should be shared.

There are far too many straw mans in your arguments for me to bother giving you a response. Just fyi.

I am not going to argue for things that I have never argued for in the past. Complete waste of time.

I don't like the term blue MAGA, but this is true. 

LurkerJ said:

I don't like the term blue MAGA, but this is true. 

Yeah, I saw that this morning.  VP Trump and our good friend President of Ukraine "Putin."....   

He should resign and let Kamala take over, she can grab a young energetic VP.  The campaign needs to be handed over ASAP.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Farsala said:

There are far too many straw mans in your arguments for me to bother giving you a response. Just fyi.

I am not going to argue for things that I have never argued for in the past. Complete waste of time.

---------------------------------------------------------------

But you did give him a response, just now.....So, now your gonna quit on the debate?  Looks to me that Pem got the better of you, and left you speechless.

Around the Network

Blue MAGA is an oxymoron.

Chrkeller said:
Jumpin said:

The point is they acknowledged it. The world has also known it about Trump’s cognitive decline for about a decade and the Republican base still hasn’t figured it out, or isn’t intelligent enough to recognize it.

Like it or not, Biden can't beat Trump in 2024.  Biden was a terrible pick and the fact people are just know figuring it out is laughable.

If you consider who Trump is, an ugly cat should be able to win an election against him. The problem in the USA isn't really who the democrats picked as their candidate, but rather how widespread ignorance, stupidity and bigotry are among the people who are eligible to vote.

Now in the year 2024 it's all laid out in the open who Trump is and what he plans to do. The choice in this election has been simplified to the most basic of all questions: Should the USA continue to be a democracy or should it be transformed into an autocracy? This is as easy as it gets.

Just a week ago the alarm bells were ringing in France, with the far-right party projected to win the election. But over there the population understood what is at stake, so not only did the far-right fail to win, they didn't even finish in second place.

But in the USA?

Christians do not care that Trump fails the ten commandments across the board.
Patriots do not care that Trump considers people who served in the army as suckers and losers.
People who have felt betrayed by the democratic party do not care that Trump is the biggest con-man out there.
People who think Biden is too old don't care that Trump rambles to a degree that he is the poster boy for "old man yelling at cloud."

Americans haven't had problems to stick it to arrogant console manufacturers over the generations. But in politics? Republican voters are either fine with going along with the far-right mindset or aren't able to bring themselves to take a stand against it by voting for whoever is the candidate of the democrats.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

Like it or not, Biden can't beat Trump in 2024.  Biden was a terrible pick and the fact people are just know figuring it out is laughable.

If you consider who Trump is, an ugly cat should be able to win an election against him. The problem in the USA isn't really who the democrats picked as their candidate, but rather how widespread ignorance, stupidity and bigotry are among the people who are eligible to vote.

Now in the year 2024 it's all laid out in the open who Trump is and what he plans to do. The choice in this election has been simplified to the most basic of all questions: Should the USA continue to be a democracy or should it be transformed into an autocracy? This is as easy as it gets.

Just a week ago the alarm bells were ringing in France, with the far-right party projected to win the election. But over there the population understood what is at stake, so not only did the far-right fail to win, they didn't even finish in second place.

But in the USA?

Christians do not care that Trump fails the ten commandments across the board.
Patriots do not care that Trump considers people who served in the army as suckers and losers.
People who have felt betrayed by the democratic party do not care that Trump is the biggest con-man out there.
People who think Biden is too old don't care that Trump rambles to a degree that he is the poster boy for "old man yelling at cloud."

Americans haven't had problems to stick it to arrogant console manufacturers over the generations. But in politics? Republican voters are either fine with going along with the far-right mindset or aren't able to bring themselves to take a stand against it by voting for whoever is the candidate of the democrats.

agree with 99% of that.  Only part I disagree is Trump rambles from being stupid.  Biden rambles from neurological decay.  The latter is more bothersome.  Having said that, the choice (for me) is easy.  Trump is just a no.  He tried to take over the government...  he is a no.  and always will be a no and will never be a yes for me.  

As for why others don't see it the same way, **** if I know.  It does seem that simple.  But it has been a long time since I could explain Americans.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

LurkerJ said:
BFR said:

-Snip-

I'm not sure how you can follow the Ukraine war closely and still ask this question, genuinely curious where are you coming from?

I didn't mind Trump winning in 2016, he was either a person who couldn't be bought and actually delivered on his campaign, or he was going to be a liar, and this would result in a more people friendly Democratic party, unlike the one that we've seen during the Obama era, I think the latter has, somewhat, happened.

What I haven't anticipated though is the fact that Trump's base would never change their mind about him even though he failed on every single prom he made, engages in election denials, and paved the way for an abortion ban around the country, yet, not lose the support. The conservatives have completely flopped in recent elections in the UK because they didn't deliver but they promised, why isn't this happening to Trump is beyond me. 

Trump's fanbase is a cult and America is a heavily religious country (at least, Republicans are) so they're used to blindly idolising a figure, any Republican that stands up against him is ripped apart by his cultist, the rest of Americans are angry about inflation and will blame the president and thus vote in Trump even though Trump will ruin the economy but it's short-sighted, single-issue voting. I think being an incumbent right now is a bad thing due to inflation, we're seeing incumbents being battered around the world on both the left and right.

BFR said:

Farsala said:

---------------------------------------------------------------

But you did give him a response, just now.....So, now your gonna quit on the debate?  Looks to me that Pem got the better of you, and left you speechless.

I won't respond to his straw man arguments. I did respond to his post though.