By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

LegitHyperbole said:

Wait what. It's between these two gobshites again... for the love of all that is Holy, surely there is someone else who could have steeped up for the job.

Yep.  I mean when it was clear Trump was going to be the candidate I personally thought anyone but Biden will win the election.  Democrats wanted to make it interesting so they kept Biden.  

I'm currently living abroad and as crazy as it sounds, this election very well could decide if I return home or localize.

As a registered republican I'm probably done with the US if Trump wins.  He is a danger to democracy, which is what makes our country great.  Plus my faith is all but shattered with how Americans are acting.  

But at least Trump has the best words? 

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network

Trump is probably going to win the election and it's kind of puzzling to me that people are asking why. This isn't about Trump magically finding more supporters, it's about people turning against the extremism of the Left.

Specifically, the working class has very little confidence that Democrats care about them at all. The Left essentially ignores people who didn't go to college but aren't unemployed and don't center their identity around some type of minority status. If you're in the lower middle then you don't really exist UNTIL election time, then the liberal media starts obsessing over "non-college voters" like some breed of vermin.

Studies have shown that Democratic candidates for Congress aren't from the working class (2% to 6%) and most do not focus on the issues that are important to the working class as a group or include key words the working class is looking for in their political messaging.

Does Trump care about the working class? No, of course not, but he is clever enough to talk to and acknowledge them. He's grabbed an opening left by the Democrats. It's their own fault.

Chrkeller said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Wait what. It's between these two gobshites again... for the love of all that is Holy, surely there is someone else who could have steeped up for the job.

Yep.  I mean when it was clear Trump was going to be the candidate I personally thought anyone but Biden will win the election.  Democrats wanted to make it interesting so they kept Biden.  

I'm currently living abroad and as crazy as it sounds, this election very well could decide if I return home or localize.

As a registered republican I'm probably done with the US if Trump wins.  He is a danger to democracy, which is what makes our country great.  Plus my faith is all but shattered with how Americans are acting.  

Imo Biden easily beat Trump in the last debates, his SOTU address was great, no doubt he has these age related gaffes (and stutter) but I see Trump having almost just as many gaffes, it has appeared to me though that the American media loves to focus solely on Biden's gaffes, going as far as blatantly making shit up (like the recent Biden talking to the parachuter cropped out to make it look like he's talking to nobody). I actually have strong confidence that Biden will beat Trump in the debates with ease, I think the American public need a wakeup of how much of a f*cking idiot Trump is again, or at least the independent voters because the MAGA cult isn't changing their mind no matter what.

Ryuu96 said:
Chrkeller said:

Imo Biden easily beat Trump in the last debates, his SOTU address was great, no doubt he has these age related gaffes (and stutter) but I see Trump having almost just as many gaffes, it has appeared to me though that the American media loves to focus solely on Biden's gaffes, going as far as blatantly making shit up (like the recent Biden talking to the parachuter cropped out to make it look like he's talking to nobody). I actually have strong confidence that Biden will beat Trump in the debates with ease, I think the American public need a wakeup of how much of a f*cking idiot Trump is again, or at least the independent voters because the MAGA cult isn't changing their mind no matter what.

I'm largely aligned with Pokoko's post.  My concern is liberals focus on small pockets of people and do not focus on the average person enough.  I could see this costing them the election.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Jumpin said:

Wow. These people are like Jonestown followers or David Koresh's cult... except dumber.

I saw this recently, Lol.

Freedom2o Water

I'm almost convinced I could fly over to America, pretend to be MAGA for a year and grift these idiots out of thousands but that would mean I would have to pretend to be MAGA for a year Just need to think of any food product or item and slap "FREEDOM! ANTI-WOKE!" on it and sit back.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 June 2024

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Trump is probably going to win the election and it's kind of puzzling to me that people are asking why. This isn't about Trump magically finding more supporters, it's about people turning against the extremism of the Left.

Specifically, the working class has very little confidence that Democrats care about them at all. The Left essentially ignores people who didn't go to college but aren't unemployed and don't center their identity around some type of minority status. If you're in the lower middle then you don't really exist UNTIL election time, then the liberal media starts obsessing over "non-college voters" like some breed of vermin.

Studies have shown that Democratic candidates for Congress aren't from the working class (2% to 6%) and most do not focus on the issues that are important to the working class as a group or include key words the working class is looking for in their political messaging.

Does Trump care about the working class? No, of course not, but he is clever enough to talk to and acknowledge them. He's grabbed an opening left by the Democrats. It's their own fault.

Most of what you've said is also true in some capacity of Republicans. 

Congress is not made up of the working class for either party. It's not an issue exclusive to Democrats. 

>Trump is probably going to win the election and it's kind of puzzling to me that people are asking why. This isn't about Trump magically finding more supporters, it's about people turning against the extremism of the Left.

And what about the extremism of the right? 

I'm still waiting for any actual left wing policies to be implemented. Waiting for actual universal healthcare. 

Meanwhile, the right has successfully banned abortion in many states. Forcing 10 year olds to give birth to their rapist's babies. Forcing people to die for a pregnancy that wasn't even viable anyways. 

Banning topics in school to placate straight white culture. 

pokoko said:

Ehh, I mean, Democratic policies often greatly benefit the working class. Dems are bad at messaging, but if someone looks to vote for the party that actual proposes policies to help the working class, dems are the ticket. 

pokoko said:

Chrkeller said:

I'm largely aligned with Pokoko's post.  My concern is liberals focus on small pockets of people and do not focus on the average person enough.  I could see this costing them the election.  

You guys are either joking or don’t know anything about the major bills passed under this administration.

American Rescue Plan

-$410bn stimulus checks

-$350bn state & local government aid

-$290bn expanded unemployment insurance

-$135bn expanded Child Tax Credit & Earned Income Tax Credit

-$170bn aid for K-12 schools & colleges

-$122bn vaccines & testing

-$81bn expanded ACA & COBRA subsidies

-$50bn small businesses

-$47bn housing/utility assistance

-$40bn public transit/airports/amtrak aid

Infrastructure Investment & Jobs Act

-$110bn roads & bridges

-$73bn power infrastructure 

-$66bn passenger & freight rail

-$65bn broadband

-$55bn drinking water

-$50bn western water storage

-$39bn public transit

-$25bn airports

-$21bn water & soil purification

-$17bn port infrastructure

-$15bn electric vehicle charging stations

-$11bn transportation safety programs

CHIPS & Science Act

-$200bn STEM, R&D & workforce development

-$78bn grants & tax credits for semiconductor manufacturing

Inflation Reduction Act

-$$350bn tax credits/loans/grants for businesses that invest in clean energy/transportation/manufacturing

-$64bn extension of expanded ACA subsidies

-$44bn Medicare out-of-pocket prescription cap

-$43bn tax credits for consumers (EV, solar panels, heat pumps, weatherproofing, etc.)

Honoring Our Pact Act

-$153bn expand veterans disability benefits

-$102bn expand veterans health benefits

Safer Communities Act

-$13bn expand access to mental health services

There is no way you can look at this list and think, “Liberals/the left/democrats have abandoned the middle class!” Many of the tax credits for individuals have income caps so high income earners can’t access them and many of the tax incentives/funding for corporations have mandates that various materials for projects be extracted/assembled in the US (or from a free trade partner if we don’t have said material) and have to pay prevailing wages.

Who do you guys think are doing all these projects? The Infrastructure/CHIPS/Inflation Acts are very much focused on creating jobs for people in the trades that usually don’t require a college degree and often members of a union. Asphalt workers, concrete workers, bricklayers, utility workers, installers, plumbers, heavy equipment operators, truck drivers, HVAC workers, electricians, linemen, pipefitters, assembly workers, builders, carpenters, bus drivers, landscapers, train conductors, material handlers, engineers, machine operators, welders, fabricators, blacksmiths, roofers, drywallers, painters, QA inspectors, safety inspectors, mechanics, rail workers, power plant operators, air traffic controllers, dock workers, cargo ship workers, etc.

That’s also not counting all the things that were proposed but were blocked like subsidized childcare, universal Pre-K, paid family & medical leave, continuation of expanded CTC, increased minimum wage, easier to join unions, tuition free community college, elder care funding, funding for increased housing construction, etc.

If you think liberals/the left/democrats are only focused on college graduates & minorities then you have no idea what you’re talking about.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Democracy's don't last read some Aristotle 

zorg1000 said:
pokoko said:

Chrkeller said:

You guys are either joking or don’t know anything about the major bills passed under this administration.

American Rescue Plan

-$410bn stimulus checks

-$350bn state & local government aid

-$290bn expanded unemployment insurance

-$135bn expanded Child Tax Credit & Earned Income Tax Credit

-$170bn aid for K-12 schools & colleges

-$122bn vaccines & testing

-$81bn expanded ACA & COBRA subsidies

-$50bn small businesses

-$47bn housing/utility assistance

-$40bn public transit/airports/amtrak aid

Infrastructure Investment & Jobs Act

-$110bn roads & bridges

-$73bn power infrastructure 

-$66bn passenger & freight rail

-$65bn broadband

-$55bn drinking water

-$50bn western water storage

-$39bn public transit

-$25bn airports

-$21bn water & soil purification

-$17bn port infrastructure

-$15bn electric vehicle charging stations

-$11bn transportation safety programs

CHIPS & Science Act

-$200bn STEM, R&D & workforce development

-$78bn grants & tax credits for semiconductor manufacturing

Inflation Reduction Act

-$$350bn tax credits/loans/grants for businesses that invest in clean energy/transportation/manufacturing

-$64bn extension of expanded ACA subsidies

-$44bn Medicare out-of-pocket prescription cap

-$43bn tax credits for consumers (EV, solar panels, heat pumps, weatherproofing, etc.)

Honoring Our Pact Act

-$153bn expand veterans disability benefits

-$102bn expand veterans health benefits

Safer Communities Act

-$13bn expand access to mental health services

There is no way you can look at this list and think, “Liberals/the left/democrats have abandoned the middle class!” Many of the tax credits for individuals have income caps so high income earners can’t access them and many of the tax incentives/funding for corporations have mandates that various materials for projects be extracted/assembled in the US (or from a free trade partner if we don’t have said material) and have to pay prevailing wages.

Who do you guys think are doing all these projects? The Infrastructure/CHIPS/Inflation Acts are very much focused on creating jobs for people in the trades that usually don’t require a college degree and often members of a union. Asphalt workers, concrete workers, bricklayers, utility workers, installers, plumbers, heavy equipment operators, truck drivers, HVAC workers, electricians, linemen, pipefitters, assembly workers, builders, carpenters, bus drivers, landscapers, train conductors, material handlers, engineers, machine operators, welders, fabricators, blacksmiths, roofers, drywallers, painters, QA inspectors, safety inspectors, mechanics, rail workers, power plant operators, air traffic controllers, dock workers, cargo ship workers, etc.

That’s also not counting all the things that were proposed but were blocked like subsidized childcare, universal Pre-K, paid family & medical leave, continuation of expanded CTC, increased minimum wage, easier to join unions, tuition free community college, elder care funding, funding for increased housing construction, etc.

If you think liberals/the left/democrats are only focused on college graduates &  minorities then you have no idea what you’re talking about.

I know plenty about the bills being passed.  There is one that could close down one of our facilities.

But much like the other thread I'm out.  I'm not dealing with insults and disrespect because I see things differently.

A shame too.  Maybe one day people such as yourself might mature and wonder why Biden is losing in the polls.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 21 June 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED