By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

Ryuu96 said:
Chrkeller said:

I have the highway code from practicing my test. The answer is call an operator. Changing tire is the wrong answer. I literally have a UK license.... and people who don't and haven't taken the test are telling me I'm wrong. Lol.

...I just gave you the Gov.Uk Highway Code which says you CAN change a flat tyre yourself.

This is literally from the UK Government, Lol.

I said you aren't "suppose to."  Never said it was illegal.  Well done with reading comprehension.  And thanks for proving me right, much appreciated.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Ryuu96 said:

Are you sure the test wasn't something like in the context of getting a flat tyre in the middle of the road or motorway? Lol.

FWIW, I don't drive, but I've just looked for myself and it seems it's legal to change a tyre yourself.

I didn't say it was illegal.  I said you are not supposed to.  They want you call an operator. 

What You Said: "You are 100% not suppose to change your tire. It is a government regulation."

You are not "100%" not suppose to change your tyre, only if it's unsafe to do so, it is literally not government regulation.

There's a quote straight from the UK's Government Website saying you CAN change a flat tyre yourself.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 May 2024

Ryuu96 said:
Chrkeller said:

I didn't say it was illegal.  I said you are not supposed to.  They want you call an operator. 

What You Said: "You are 100% not suppose to change your tire. It is a government regulation."

You are not "100%" not suppose to change your tyre, only if it's unsafe to do so, it is literally not government regulation.

There's a quote straight from the UK's Government Website saying you CAN change a flat tyre yourself.

Correct.  They recommend calling an operator and not changing the tire yourself.  I never said doing so was illegal.  You just can't read and picked a fight without knowledge.  Clicking change tire on the government test is the wrong answer.  

Thank for proving I'm right.  

Remind me when did you get a UK license and took the test?  Right, you haven't.

Edit 

I got a 49/50 on my test and 58 points on the hazard portion.  Change tire is the wrong answer.  You are suppose to call an operator.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 20 May 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

It is however against the law to attempt repairs on a motorway.

• DO NOT attempt repairs on your vehicle

Additional rules for motorways (276 to 279) - THE HIGHWAY CODE (highwaycodeuk.co.uk)

Do you change your own tyre, or call breakdown service if you have a puncture on the motorway? : r/AskUK

Chrkeller said:
Ryuu96 said:

Correct.  They recommend calling an operator and not changing the tire yourself.  I never said doing so was illegal.  You just can't read and picked a fight without knowledge.  Clicking change tire on the government test is the wrong answer.  

Remind when did you get a UK license and took the test?  All right, you haven't.

Dude...You're getting really defensive, Lol.

You Said:

If you get a flat you aren't suppose to change the tire yourself. You are suppose to call a government agency to do it for safety.

UK being an example.

You call someone, you are 100% not suppose to change your tire. It is a government regulation.

===

But I corrected you and said that is not correct, you're implying that we in the UK aren't suppose to change a tyre ourselves, we are suppose to call a government agency, you said we're "100%" not suppose to change our tyres and it's a government regulation.

But that is incorrect. We CAN change a tyre ourselves, nowhere does it say "we don't recommend changing your tyres yourself no matter the circumstances" in the Highway Code, it says you CAN change a tyre yourself as long as it's safe for you and others. It is not a government regulation to call an agency to do it in all scenarios.

So what is the bloody issue? The Government is saying "You can change your tyre, but if it's dangerous then call someone to do it safely"

And?!?! 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Chrkeller said:

Remind when did you get a UK license and took the test?  All right, you haven't.

You Said:

If you get a flat you aren't suppose to change the tire yourself. You are suppose to call a government agency to do it for safety.

UK being an example.

You call someone, you are 100% not suppose to change your tire. It is a government regulation.

===

But I corrected you and said that is not correct, you're implying that we in the UK aren't suppose to change a tyre ourselves, we are suppose to call a government agency, you said we're "100%" not suppose to change our tyres and it's a government regulation.

But that is incorrect. We CAN change a tyre ourselves, nowhere does it say "we don't recommend changing your tyres yourself no matter the circumstances" in the Highway Code, it says you CAN change a tyre yourself as long as it's safe for you and others. It is not a government regulation to call an agency to do it in all scenarios.

So what is the bloody issue? The Government is saying "You can change your tyre, but if it's dangerous then call someone to do it safely"

And?!?! 

Take the test and tell me what the answer is.  I've taken it, you haven't.  DVSA, a government agency, recommends calling an operator and to not change a tire....  just like I said.

I'm not defensive.  I'm laughing.  I love it when someone has zero experience but thinks their an expert, takes the time to prove me right.  

And got to love it when you started using "legal" to only realize I never said anything about law.  Got yourself good on that one.

Fact is you misread what I said and stepped in it.  The question is, will you own it?

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Chrkeller said:
Ryuu96 said:

You Said:

UK being an example.

===

And?!?! 

Take the test and tell me what the answer is.  I've taken it, you haven't.  DVSA, a government agency, recommends calling an operator and to not change a tire....  just like I said.

I'm not defensive.  I'm laughing.  I love it when someone has zero experience but thinks there an expert, takes the time to prove me right.  

I'm telling you, straight from the Official Government Website of UK. Straight from the Highway Code.

If you have a flat tyre, stop as soon as it is safe to do so. Only change the tyre if you can do so without putting yourself or others at risk - otherwise call a breakdown service.

That it is straight up saying that you can change a flat tyre yourself if it's safe to do so. The recommendation is if it's UNSAFE to do so. AKA USE COMMON SENSE. Lmao.

The Highway Code - Annex 6. Vehicle Maintenance, Safety and Security - Guidance - GOV.UK

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 May 2024

And Brits casually talking about changing a flat tyre.

Like I really don't understand the issue.

We can change our flat tyres (as long as it's not on the motorway) but if it's a dangerous situation, if you're unsure, call an emergency service to come and replace the tyre for you. It's a recommendation but if I got a flat and pulled into frigging Tesco's parking lot, I could repair the tyre myself.

Why is this part of the Highway Code apparently a bad thing?

Ryuu96 said:

And Brits casually talking about changing a flat tyre.

Like I really don't understand the issue.

We can change our flat tyres (as long as it's not on the motorway) but if it's a dangerous situation, if you're unsure, call an emergency service to come and replace the tyre for you. It's a recommendation but if I got a flat and pulled into frigging Tesco's parking lot, I could repair the tyre myself.

Why is this part of the Highway Code apparently a bad thing?

Never said it was.  Just like I never said it was illegal.  I said it was different and caught me by surprise.  You overreacted, took it personally and picked a fight without reading my words.

That pretty much sums up the situation.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Chrkeller said:

And got to love it when you started using "legal" to only realize I never said anything about law.  Got yourself good on that one.

Fact is you misread what I said and stepped in it.  The question is, will you own it?

You said it was a government regulation in your second post. 

>you are 100% not suppose to change your tire. It is a government regulation.

Implies it is illegal to change your tire. 

A government recommendation isn't the same thing as a government regulation.