By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

the-pi-guy said:
LegitHyperbole said:

One is a warmonger, establismentarian who wants America to be in every aspect of global affairs at any cost, even millions of lives. I find both to be atrocious people and I won't give Biden the benefit of age, I do feel sorry for him but it only goes so far when he's funding a country that's slaughtering innocent people every day with that money and weaponry. 

Uh do you think that Trump wouldn't be as involved in the Israel conflict as Biden is? 

No. You just lumped me straight into the opposite side of your American two party nonsense. Because I don't like Biden doesn't mean I like Trump. Ron Paul was the last good candidate you Americans had, since then it's just two options of sewage with no third option that has any chance at all. You either pick the sewage that doesn't pretend to be anything else than sewage or you pick the sewage that lies to you about being sewage and while it poisons you, you want to believe that it's not the sewage it is. 

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
zorg1000 said:

Both shit heads? Sure.

One shithead is an old man showing his age and struggles to communicate effectively.

The other shithead is a criminal, rapist, liar, cheater, thief who tried to overthrow the government.

Nuance matters.

One is a warmonger, establismentarian who wants America to be in every aspect of global affairs at any cost, even millions of lives. I find both to be atrocious people and I won't give Biden the benefit of age, I do feel sorry for him but it only goes so far when he's funding a country that's slaughtering innocent people every day with that money and weaponry. 

I’ll give you Gaza, Biden’s handling of the war has been awful but considering that Trump is using “Palestinian” as a slur, I can’t imagine he policies will be any more peaceful.

So both suck when it comes to Gaza, what about every other issue?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

LegitHyperbole said:
the-pi-guy said:

Uh do you think that Trump wouldn't be as involved in the Israel conflict as Biden is? 

No. You just lumped me straight into the opposite side of your American two party nonsense. Because I don't like Biden doesn't mean I like Trump. Ron Paul was the last good candidate you Americans had, since then it's just two options of sewage with no third option that has any chance at all. You either pick the sewage that doesn't pretend to be anything else than sewage or you pick the sewage that lies to you about being sewage and while it poisons you, you want to believe that it's not the sewage it is. 

You started off by calling "one of them" a warmonger, and then ended your post basically describing Joe Biden as a warmonger. 

The way that is written implies you think the other one isn't a warmonger or would be somehow better. 

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 16 July 2024

zorg1000 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I’ll give you Gaza, Biden’s handling of the war has been awful but considering that Trump is using “Palestinian” as a slur, I can’t imagine he policies will be any more peaceful.

So both suck when it comes to Gaza, what about every other issue?

Agreed.

I think there are varying degrees and many layers to any issue so I tend to agree and disagree with certain aspects of an issue so it makes talking about my politics rather boring for Americans and then ye lot end up hating me on both sides because I won't fall into either camp. It's not worth the effort. 

the-pi-guy said:
LegitHyperbole said:

You started off by calling "one of them" a warmonger, and then ended your post basically describing Joe Biden as a warmonger. 

The way that is written implies you think the other one isn't a warmonger or would be somehow better. 

Nah. That's not what I meant at all. I'm not playing devil's advocate for Trump as I can see it'd be interpreted, just reminding that both are devils. 

Around the Network

If liberal social policies were as effective as claimed, California would have so many issues... just saying.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Ryuu96 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Biden pulled out of Afghanistan (albeit sloppily) but the act itself was the right move (Imo), though it could have been done better. Then he defended Ukraine (again, the morally right move, a rare thing for America's foreign policy). But then he supported Netanyahu way too much, I agree on that, I despise Netanyahu.

Having said that, Trump would be an equal supporter, very likely more, of Israel, it's a massive part of Republicans platform, their goddamn platform talks about deporting "Pro-Hamas" protesters but they consistently mix "Pro-Palestine" in with "Pro-Hamas" protesters. While at the same time, he would throw Europe and Ukraine under the bus.

There's a far bigger chance at a wider war if Ukraine is abandoned, Europe won't sit aside as Russia threatens them on a daily basis and slaughters their neighbours, isolationism doesn't lead to zero wars, America being neutral didn't stop Hitler from invading half of Europe and it backfired on them when Japan decided to go YOLO and attack them.

Without America's "protection" many countries are at risk - Ukraine, Taiwan, South Korea, etc. I want Biden to stop supporting Israel so hard, it is sick what Netanyahu does but the lesson from that shouldn't be "time to abandon every single ally we have and throw them to the wolves" cause that will result in more wars. Maybe Americans are okay with that, as long as the war doesn't affect them, though be careful what you wish for.

I agree. Ukraine and pulling out of Afganistan was the right moves but handled so, so poorly. And yes, this is my biggest fear for a Trump win, pulling NATO supprt for Ulraine or dissolving NATO when it's needed most and then the US end up with an emboldened China and Eastern front which alongside a larger war in Europe would be disastrous. But then we need Trump to be strong on Taiwan which I have to assume he would be. 

Man, it's such a god awful catch .22. There seems to be no path to returning to life as it was. Perhaps the wars and economy are bipartisan and we're just fucked, awaiting the next big great war. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 16 July 2024

LegitHyperbole said:

I agree. Ukraine and pulling out of Afganistan was the right moves but handled so, so poorly. And yes, this is my biggest fear for a Trump win, pulling NATO supprt for Ulraine or dissolving NATO when it's needed most and then the US end up with an emboldened China and Eastern front which alongside a larger war in Europe would be disastrous. But then we need Trump to be strong on Taiwan which I have to assume he would be. 

Man, it's such a god awful catch .22. There seems to be no path to returning to life as it was. Perhaps the wars and economy are bipartisan and we're just fucked, awaiting the next big great war. 

Doesn't look like a catch-22, except for the Israel-Gaza conflict where there is indeed no good choice for the next POTUS right now. But let's be honest, what happens and has happened in the Middle East over the decades was almost all of the time of no consequence to the people in America and Europe.

"Returning to life as it was" is one of those lines where usually imagination overshadows how life really used to be. Remember the good old days? Then it's likely that your brain has filtered out (most of) the bad things that happened back then.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Chrkeller said:

If liberal social policies were as effective as claimed, California would have so many issues... just saying.

A big problem with some of these states, is hypocrisy.  

A major problem with California is people don't want to zone for more housing. Your tiny garage is worth a million dollars because land is in demand, do you want to give up that worth so that people stop being homeless? 

Despite being a blue state, Washington has one of the most regressive tax systems in the country. 

RolStoppable said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Doesn't look like a catch-22, except for the Israel-Gaza conflict where there is indeed no good choice for the next POTUS right now. But let's be honest, what happens and has happened in the Middle East over the decades was almost all of the time of no consequence to the people in America and Europe.

"Returning to life as it was" is one of those lines where usually imagination overshadows how life really used to be. Remember the good old days? Then it's likely that your brain has filtered out (most of) the bad things that happened back then.

You're probably right but things seem so much worse now than the last decade. Maybe it's the Internet throwing it at us all the time. 

Yes, they'll be fighting in the middle East for many more years to come but POTUS and the west have severe influence in the middle East when they want to, just look at how they destabilised it so much trying to bring order and prevent terror only to create less order and more terror. Idk even know if America needs to be in the middle East now to prevent expanded conflict or pull out entirely but with the way they've handled things in the past perhaps it's the latter. I can't see Trump pulling support for Isreal cause of his base and neither will Joe Biden but Isreal is a nuclear armed country so if the get put on their knees with lack of support and the Iron dome falls will they pull the trigger? Maybe Biden is doing the right thing to prevent a greater tragedy? Idk man.