By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK December sales: PS5 falls but still #1, Switch up 39% from Nov

Panicradio said:

Sony already cleaned the house from OG PS5's model to the Slim product line now, which will probably save them costs and fees.

If Sony manages to cut the PS5's price tag at some point this year already down to 449/349 maybe?, announced at a SoP or maybe even at a big PS Showcase, I think it would have a huge impact on sales, inspite the lack of First Party games in 2024.

At least as of now for the PS5 it looks like this year will be mostly driven by (exclusive) Third Party titles.

Which exclusive 3rd party titles?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Around the Network

Rise of the Ronin, FF7 Remake, Silent Hill Remake, Concorde, Death Stranding 2 (maybe), Stellar Blade, of the top of my head and some googling.

Last edited by Panicradio - on 11 January 2024

Panicradio said:

Rise of the Ronin, FF7 Remake, Silent Hill Remake, Concorde, Death Stranding 2 (maybe), Stellar Blade, of the top of my head and some googling.

FF7 Rebirth is the only title here I'd consider as third party. Concorde is developed and published by Sony and the other 3 are all published by Sony. They own the Death Stranding IP. They may own the Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade IP's as well.

Okay, I don't have no reason to argue with your consideration. :)

Personally, I consider First Party titles as being developed by Sony's First Party studios.

If they are not being developed First Party, and only published by Sony (which is, to me, just a plausible agreement on logistics), then to me it stays Third Party software.