By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Israel-Hamas war, Gaza genocide

More Israeli raids reported across occupied West Bank

The Palestinian news agency Wafa is reporting more Israeli raids across the occupied West Bank.

• Israeli forces stormed the town of al-Khader, south of Bethlehem, and fired sound bombs and tear gas at residents around the Great Mosque.
  • The Israeli military opened fire at residents in Idhna, west of Hebron, as it tightened its control of the northern entrance to the town.
  • Clashes broke out during a march against settlements in the town of Beita, south of Nablus. Several Palestinians suffered from tear gas inhalation and one person was injured by a tear gas canister.

Qatar pledges additional $100m for humanitarian aid for Palestinians

Qatari International Cooperation Minister Lolwah Alkhater says her country announced the pledge at the annual ministerial meeting of the main partners supporting UNRWA on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly.

“[At the meeting] I affirmed the State of Qatar’s firm position in supporting the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) and its categorical rejection of attempts to classify it as a terrorist organization in a clear attempt to intimidate anyone who tries to provide assistance to our Palestinian brothers,” she said on X.

The minister also stressed Qatar’s condemnation of the Israeli attacks on Lebanon and called for an urgent ceasefire.

Last edited by SvennoJ - 1 day ago

Around the Network

SvennoJ.. I've been going through this thread and man, this has to be impacting your mental health. Perhaps take a break from the war room for a few days, all this could really screw ya up.

LegitHyperbole said:

SvennoJ.. I've been going through this thread and man, this has to be impacting your mental health. Perhaps take a break from the war room for a few days, all this could really screw ya up.

Don't worry, I'm 50, have seen a lot of shit in my life and have been following the conflict on and off since the early 90s.

I'm invested because I finally want to see the end of WW2. In my eyes the war never ended. The cold war and all the wars in the ME are a continuation. The big powers in the world continued on fighting in proxy wars all over the world.

My grandfather was taken by the Nazis and spend WW2 in a work camp in Germany. He never opened up on his experience.
My grandmother (Indonesian) lost her first child from malnutrition in a Japanese concentration camp. She had 4 more kids yet the loss of her first child drew rifts in the family. My mother swore her sister for dead and vice versa. The family never healed. 
My grandfather (Dutch) never accepted my mother for being Indonesian, rifts on that side as well.

I'm not close to any of my family either, closer to my wife's family nowadays.

Wars have life long repercussions, passing them on to the next generation(s) as well. There must be a way to break this endless cycle of hatred.

But I do stay away from Twitter and Tik Tok myself, don't see the worst of the horror and stick to text mostly. (Which is bad enough)

Death toll in Israeli strikes on Beirut rises to 6

The number of people killed in Israel’s bombing of southern Beirut has risen to six with 91 others wounded, Lebanon’s health ministry says. The death toll is likely to rise significantly as the attack brought six residential towers to the ground.

Israel to strike southern Beirut again in ‘coming hours’

The Israeli military says it will strike Hezbollah assets in southern Beirut in the “coming hours” after it attacked the Dahiyeh neighbourhood’s Haret Hreik district, leveling six buildings.

In a televised address, Israeli army spokesperson Daniel Hagari Israel will not tolerate the civilian airport in Beirut being used for military purposes.

“We will not allow arms transfers to the Hezbollah terrorist organisation in any way. We know about Iranian arms shipments to Hezbollah and foil them. Air force jets are now patrolling around the Beirut airport,” said Hagari.

“We will not allow hostile flights with weapons to land at the civilian Beirut airport.”

Rescuers gather at a collapsed building at the site of the Israeli air strikes

That wasn't hours...

Israeli hits southern Beirut again with new air strikes

We’re getting reports from residents that the southern Beirut neighbourhood of Dahiyeh has been attacked again. Three buildings were hit in the latest strikes just minutes ago.

At the scene of the earlier attack, emergency personnel continue to work through the rubble of what used to be at least six residential buildings that have now been completely destroyed.

They are trying to retrieve bodies. We spoke to people on the ground, witnesses who said they have seen children’s bodies that have been taken out by emergency services and transferred to various hospitals.

This is the most intense air strike we’ve seen by Israel in the past few months, one of the most intense some say including since the last war between Israel and Hezbollah in 2006.

Rescuers ‘finding it very difficult to find bodies at the moment’

It remains unclear how many people were killed in Israel’s massive bombing of southern Beirut. However, the fact six residential apartment buildings were totally destroyed means the death toll is likely to rise significantly from two.

“Six buildings with residents were literally blown to dust and these buildings had civilians in them,” said Hala Jaber, a Beirut-based journalist who lives not far from the blast site. “The rescue workers are finding it very difficult to find bodies at the moment.”

The strike was in the early evening as well, lot of people would have been at home :(

Defiant Netanyahu issues stark warning to Iran in UN speech

My country is at war, fighting for its life,' Netanyahu said in a speech at the UN General Assembly. 

'We must defend ourselves against these savage murderers. Our enemies seek not only to destroy us, they seek to destroy our common civilization and return all of us to a dark age of tyranny and terror.' 

He added in a message he addressed to 'the tyrants of Tehran': 'if you strike us, we will strike you.'

'There is no place in Iran where the long arm of Israel cannot reach. And that is true for the entire Middle East.'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/defiant-netanyahu-issues-stark-warning-to-iran-in-un-speech/ar-AA1rkbqG?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=fdda99230f11405483b9c046d96cfe56&ei=47#

Haha, he is dead on right.  Hell, Israel has F-35s. What does Hamas and Hezbollah have? Just some cheap ass Iranian drones.

And what does Iran have? Just a few F-14s from the 70s. LOL.

Around the Network

Israeli army renews attacks on southern Beirut

The Israeli military says it is now targeting “weapons” it claims belong to Hezbollah and are stored under “civilian buildings” in Dahiyeh.

The army earlier said it would start launching attacks on the area, shortly after it struck the Haret Hreik district, levelling six buildings, killing six people, and wounding more than 90 others.

It ordered residents in at least two neighbourhoods – including al-Hadath and Laylaki – to leave.

Dahiyeh is a heavily populated area packed with Lebanese civilians.

Smoke rises from Israeli airstrikes in Beirut's southern suburbs, on Saturday

Palestinian PM says Israel convinced it is ‘above the law’

Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Mustafa described Israel as “a rogue state” and said it must be held accountable for “the crimes” it committed in Gaza.

“They’ve invaded cities in the [occupied] West Bank. They’ve attacked unarmed Palestinian citizens, and today we see them firing on the Lebanese people”, Mustafa said at a UN Security Council meeting on the situation in Palestine.

“[Israel is] acting as a rogue state because they are convinced that they are above the law and they are entitled to things that other countries are not entitled to.”

Mustafa urged concrete steps from international actors on a two-state solution within the framework of the 1967 borders.

US-made ‘bunker buster’ bombs used in Beirut attack: Iran

Iran’s Foreign Minister Sayyed Abbas Araghchi told the UN Security Council the deadly attack on southern Beirut by Israel involved 5,000-pound “bunker buster” bombs supplied by the United States.

Instead of taking action against Israel’s “genocide” in Gaza, the Security Council “rewards the Israeli criminal mafia” that is pushing the entire Middle East into a full-scale war, he added.

“The Israeli regime used several 5,000-pound bunker busters that had been gifted to them by the United States to hit residential areas in Beirut,” said Araghchi.

“Israel’s warmongering relies on US military support and political backing … therefore, the United States is implicated in every aspect of Israel’s atrocity.

“The Council must act now to stop Israel’s cruel plan to exterminate an entire nation of people who, for eight long decades, have been under brutal occupation and suppression.”

Hamas calls on Arab nations to intervene against Israel

The Palestinian group has condemned the “Zionist escalation and aggression” against the people of Lebanon.

In a statement, Hamas said Israeli attacks on Lebanon require intervention from the Arab world and called on “Arab and Islamic nations” to act and “reject this brutal aggression”.

Hamas said it supports the Lebanese people saying: “We share their pain and hope for victory … and appreciate their sacrifices.”

Last edited by SvennoJ - 23 hours ago

President Biden: US had ‘no knowledge of’ Israeli attack

President Joe Biden says the United States had “no knowledge of or participation in” Israeli military strikes on Beirut.

“We’re gathering more information. I’ll have more to say when we have more information,” Biden said after he arrived in his home state of Delaware for the weekend.

Asked about his support for Israel’s right to self-defence and whether he supported the strikes on Lebanon’s capital, Biden said he needed more information. “I don’t know enough to answer that question.”

Always looking for more information, ignoring the information, send more bombs to Israel anyway.

US to ‘adjust’ its military force posture in Middle East

President Joe Biden directed the Pentagon to “assess and adjust as necessary US force posture” in the Middle East, the White House says.

The move comes after repeated Israeli air strikes in southern Beirut collapsed at least six residential towers in the heavily populated Dahiyeh area.

“He has directed the Pentagon to assess and adjust as necessary US force posture in the region to enhance deterrence, ensure force protection, and support the full range of US objectives,” the White House said in a statement.

I thought you were 'gathering information'

US Muslim group condemns US support for ‘Netanyahu’s madness’

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) condemned the US government’s inaction after the latest Israeli attack on Lebanon.

“By levelling an entire city block without any regard for civilian life, the genocidal Israeli government is screaming to anyone who will listen that it wants to carry on the genocide in Gaza, use Lebanon to spark an all-out war in the Middle East, and drag the United States into that war,” said Edward Ahmed Mitchell, CAIR’s deputy executive director.

“President Biden must stop enabling Netanyahu’s madness. President Biden must leverage US financial, diplomatic and military support to force a ceasefire on Netanyahu immediately.”

Smoke rises from Israeli air strikes on Beirut’s southern suburbs early Saturday

‘Canadians need to leave now’: Foreign Minister

Canadian Foreign Minister Melanie Joly issued an urgent call for Canadians in Lebanon to immediately leave the country because of the deteriorating situation. “The situation in #Lebanon continues to worsen. Canadians need to leave now and we are helping with that,” she posted on X.

Joly confirmed Canada secured seats for Canadians on the limited commercial flights still available.

Wave of Israeli strikes on Beirut carried out over seven hours

There have been multiple hits now over the last seven hours, starting at around 6:30, seven o’clock, local time with that first massive strike on Dahiyeh – the very densely populated area in south Beirut.

It’s a civilian area. There are schools. There are hospitals. And these bunker-busting bombs were used there.

After that strike, the Lebanese Ministry of Health said that six people had died and at least 100 had been injured. But since then, we’ve had another wave of strikes. I think another four or five across the southern suburbs of the capital.

It’s very hard to keep numbers because this is an ongoing situation. The Israeli military announced that they were hitting a central command centre in Dahiyeh. But they haven’t provided any proof of this, and we are not able to get down there to independently verify it.

What I can tell you is that I have been down to Dahiyeh in the past. I’ve been to similar strike sites and attended funerals down there, and it is a very tight, warrenlike neighbourhood, and whatever the toll of injuries and death is right now, it is going to climb significantly.

Israeli military says it killed Hezbollah commander in southern Lebanon

The Israeli military has claimed it has killed Muhammad Ali Ismail, the commander of Hezbollah’s missile unit in southern Lebanon, along with his deputy, Hussein Ahmad Ismail.

“The so-called Muhammad Ali Ismail is responsible for numerous terrorist plots from the front he directed towards Israeli territory, including the launching of numerous rockets and the launching of a surface-to-surface missile towards the centre of the country last Wednesday,” the Israeli army’s Arabic spokesperson Avichay Adraee wrote on X.

The Israeli military did not specify when or where exactly the pair were allegedly killed. Hezbollah is yet to confirm their deaths.

Can you imagine dropping 5 bunker busters on Jerusalem where an IDF commander lives with his family. It's a war crime and whether any commander was killed is irrelevant. 6 residential building leveled. What is the ICC still waiting for. Why can the US block the UN from intervening.

Israel continues striking Beirut buildings allegedly housing Hezbollah weapons and command centers

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) says it is currently striking buildings in Beirut, Lebanon, that it alleges are used by Hezbollah as command centers and weapons production and storage sites.

“Following precise IDF intelligence, the IAF (Israeli Air Force) is currently conducting strikes on strategic terror targets belonging to the Hezbollah terrorist organization in the area of Beirut. Among the targets struck are weapons production facilities, buildings used to store advanced weapons and key command centers of the terrorist organization,” the IDF said in a statement.

The statement comes hours after the IDF began striking buildings in the Dahiyeh neighborhood in southern Beirut.

Hezbollah has denied that its weapons are being stored in civilian buildings targeted by Israeli strikes.

Smoke billows from the site of an Israeli airstrike that targeted a neighborhood in Beirut's southern suburb early on Saturday

And we've seen how 'accurate' IDF intelligence is in Gaza.

Israeli attacks across Gaza kills 20 people

With all eyes on Lebanon, Israel’s military continues to attack the Gaza Strip.

At least 20 people were killed throughout Gaza on Friday, according to Gaza’s civil defence agency spokesman, Mahmoud Basal. It carried out an attack on a busy street west of Gaza City, killing at least one person. Artillery fire also hit the city’s nearby Zeitoun neighbourhood.

In Gaza’s southernmost city of Rafah, rescue teams pulled the bodies of three Palestinians out after Israeli forces targeted a tent housing displaced people. Four other people were killed after a residential home was blown up in Nasser’s neighbourhood.

The civil defence agency said it managed to save the lives of seven people trapped under the rubble of a residential home in Khan Younis after it was struck by Israeli forces.

Clashes as Israeli military carries out raids across the West Bank

The Israeli military has carried out several raids in locations across the occupied West Bank in recent hours. They include:

• The town of Azzun, east of Qalqilya, where Israeli forces have opened fire on Palestinian vehicles, without any injuries or arrests being reported
  • The village of Salem, east of Nablus
  • The Aqabat Jaber camp in Jericho
  • The town of al-Auja, north of Jericho, where Palestinian men reported being physically abused by Israeli soldiers
  • The Balata refugee camp, east of Nablus
  • The town of Jaba’, south of Jenin
Last edited by SvennoJ - 23 hours ago

Israeli military begins new assault on Beirut suburb

Israeli warplanes have begun bombing the Burj al-Barajneh neighbourhood in the southern suburbs of Beirut, according to the Al Mayadeen news outlet.

Earlier, we reported that Israel’s military released a new list of sites targeted for attack, including the areas of Bourj el-Barajneh and Hadath, warning residents living “near Hezbollah interests” to flee immediately.

Israeli air strikes in Beirut’s southern suburbs, Lebanon, early on Saturday morning

Israeli military provides no proof Beirut buildings used to store weapons

The Israeli army is releasing a flurry of statements saying that they are going to be continuing their strikes in Lebanon, especially in and around Beirut. The specific suburb in the south of the city that we have been talking about, Dahiyeh, has seen repeated air strikes in the last several hours.

The Israeli military has said they are targeting Hezbollah’s command centre and Hezbollah weapons depots. The Israeli army has not provided any sort of proof or evidence to support this.

What the Israeli military did release tonight is what they are calling a simulation video of the antiship missiles that they said were being stored in a basement of one of these buildings in Beirut.

It’s not a photo of the building itself. It’s not a tour of the basement. It’s not even a photo of the missiles themselves. But rather an animated, simulated video that was released by the military.

This is the army’s playbook. We saw this in Gaza and we are seeing it again in Lebanon.

Antiship missiles? It's the Houthis that are targeting ships...

Beirut residents flee Israeli air strikes, seek safety on public beach

There has been a new wave of air strikes across the southern suburbs. The southern suburbs of Beirut are very densely populated areas.

There has been wave after wave of these air strikes hitting the capital. Hitting this very densely populated area, and this has caused a sort of mass displacement of people from the area. They’ve been moving out of Dahiyeh.

Now we are hearing reports that people have left Dahiyeh, left the southern suburbs. They are trying to find refuge on Ramlet al-Baida, the public beach here in Beirut. There’s been a call out for mattresses, for sleeping bags, for tents where people can sleep.

We are also hearing that there are hundreds if not thousands of people in Martyrs’ Square, the centre of Beirut, just trying to find refuge for the night somewhere safe.

Smoke rises from Israeli air strikes in Beirut’s southern suburbs, Lebanon, in the early hours of Saturday

Israeli military carries out renewed strikes in Bekaa valley

The Israeli military posted on X that it had “recently attacked additional terrorist targets” associated with Hezbollah in the Bekaa Valley in eastern Lebanon.

No casualties or injuries have been reported so far.

Israeli fighter jets carry out more raids in southern Beirut

The Israeli military has carried out air raids in the al-Kafaat, Hadath, Laylaki, Choueifat, and Ghobeiry in the southern suburbs of Beirut, according to the Al Mayadeen news outlet.

Israeli fighter jets have also bombed sites near Beirut International Airport in a second attack in the area in recent hours, Al Mayadeen reports.

‘No more rules in this war’: Israel unconcerned about killing civilians in Lebanon – Analyst 

Brussels-based military and security analyst Elijah Magnier said the Israeli military makes no distinction between civilians and fighters in Gaza, and now in Lebanon.

The Israeli military’s policy of destroying civilian infrastructure – such as the apartment buildings in Beirut – is designed to spread terror among a population in the hope they will turn against their leaders, and Israeli forces are unconcerned about killing large numbers of civilians because they face no repercussions, he said.

“It doesn’t work in Lebanon. It doesn’t work in Gaza. Because the resistance is part of the population and there is more support from the population. Nevertheless, the style of the Israelis will remain as it is,” Magnier told Al Jazeera.

“What happened today [in Beirut] is, for the Israelis, business as usual. They consider it is their right to kill even civilians to a certain number depending on the high value of the target they want to assassinate. They can kill up to 100 civilians and that is tolerated in the Israeli army doctrine because they are unaccountable,” he said.

“With four to six buildings completely on the ground, they will not pull back from now on. Because it is something that they have initiated in this war. They’ve done that in the south [of Lebanon] and the Bekaa Valley against the homes of Hezbollah with their entire families,” he added.

“I think this is the beginning of a very long war and a large killing because … now there are no more rules in this war”.

Great job international community, USA in particular. We're back to pre-UN era warfare, with bigger bombs and AI targeting.