By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 2024 OpenCritic Prediction League - Princess Peach: Showtime! at 76

Another Code: Recollection - 78
Mario vs. Donkey Kong - 73
Princess Peach: Showtime - 85
Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD - 77
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - 84

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

First reviews are in for Another Code: Recollection and for now they're looking fairly middling at 74 with 23 reviews, some predictions were lower, some where higher but none quite on point. As always the score can still rise or fall a few points so we'll have to wait and see if maybe someone gets it right after all.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

First reviews are in for the second Nintendo exclusive of the year Mario vs. Donkey Kong which is right now sitting at 77 with 16 reviews, fairly close to the average predictions. As has been a trend as of late it's starting with a fairly small number of reviews though so take this initial score with a grain of salt as it will likely change.

Pretty good start for me, just 1 point away for having both my predictions right on the money this far !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Are we gonna add to the predictions by adding Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble & World of Goo 2 they said were to be exclusive to Nintendo Switch in the Partner Showcase?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Around the Network
Shtinamin_ said:

Are we gonna add to the predictions by adding Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble & World of Goo 2 they said were to be exclusive to Nintendo Switch in the Partner Showcase?

Don't know if we should expect 3rd party exclusives to be included 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Shtinamin_ said:

I could maybe add Banana Rumble but World of Goo seems a bit too small. Either way I'm gonna wait until after the Pokémon Direct, since even though I'm hoping they take a much needed break year that seems very unlikely.

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Shtinamin_ said:

I could maybe add Banana Rumble but World of Goo seems a bit too small. Either way I'm gonna wait until after the Pokémon Direct, since even though I'm hoping they take a much needed break year that seems very unlikely.

I'm fine either way, just wondering if the league was for Nintendo-developed games only.

Great plan! Though personally I can see some Remake or Legends game this year. Remake from ILCA, and Legends from a smaller sector of Game Freak. But yes, they do need a break.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

It's starting to look like we're in for a rather calm year for Nintendo but for now I've tallied up the points for our January game Another Code: Recollection with ended at 75. The closest prediction for that was @NobleTeam360 at 76 and thanks to that he's sitting in the lead now with 11 points.

I'm in.

Princess Peach - 82