Who wants to know the best releases of May? Well, I'm going to do it anyway:

MAY

Age of Wonders 4
link
Darkest Dungeon® II
link
Far Cry® 6
link

Quite a month! With Redfall, a game that many had high hopes for ending up being a huge disappointment while System Shock was the complete opposite.

Far Cry 6? I got it in 2021 as a bonus for the CPU I bought 2020.

It's Ubisoft. They kept many of their games away from Steam during several years, until decided to bring them back this year.

Something similar happened in March with some CoD titles.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

MAY

Quite a month! With Redfall, a game that many had high hopes for ending up being a huge disappointment while System Shock was the complete opposite.

By the way, there is another game in the list: Only Up! But the game has been pulled out of Steam (it was the first game of a solo developer and it was too much for him. He explains it in a blog post), so I've decided to not include it in the list since it's no longer for sale.

I see this is the month Ubisoft came back to Steam, as well as some other EGS timed exclusives.

I still have to play Age of Wonders 3 before I consider getting 4.

A note about Friends vs Friends: Deluxe Edition Content, it will be removed from sale when the expansion Nerdvana is released. It's basically a bundle of the two expansion.

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM BATTLE OPERATION 2 seems to be a disappointment based on player reviews. As was Redfall. Torchlight: Infinite was also a letdown, shame since I enjoyed the previous games.

Railway Empire 2 reminds how much I want a game like Transport Tycoon with modern graphics.

I am interested in Silica and The Outlast Trials, but I'm waiting for the early access period to end. I already own Tape to Tape, but again waiting for it to leave early access.

As for rest what catches my eye are System Shock, Tale of Immortal, and Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun.

JEMC said:

MAY

Age of Wonders 4
link
Darkest Dungeon® II
link

System Shock
link

By the way, there is another game in the list: Only Up! But the game has been pulled out of Steam (it was the first game of a solo developer and it was too much for him. He explains it in a blog post), so I've decided to not include it in the list since it's no longer for sale.

Still haven't gotten around to try Age of Wonders 3, not 4 is already out...

Darkest Dungeon II... I got the first one, but it never really clicked for me. Probably the same problem as with Fallen London, simply to bleak for my liking.

Didi it really took that long for System Shock to come to Steam? It's been on GOG since forever

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

MAY

Age of Wonders 4
link
Darkest Dungeon® II
link

System Shock
link

Darkest Dungeon II... I got the first one, but it never really clicked for me. Probably the same problem as with Fallen London, simply to bleak for my liking.

Didi it really took that long for System Shock to come to Steam? It's been on GOG since forever

This is the remake that released in May. I doubt that has been on GOG since forever :P

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

This is the remake that released in May. I doubt that has been on GOG since forever :P

Ah okay, now I understand.

i thought the face in the picture looked somewhat different, but I couldn't put my finger on it...

Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:
JEMC said:

MAY

I see this is the month Ubisoft came back to Steam, as well as some other EGS timed exclusives.

I still have to play Age of Wonders 3 before I consider getting 4.

A note about Friends vs Friends: Deluxe Edition Content, it will be removed from sale when the expansion Nerdvana is released. It's basically a bundle of the two expansion.

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM BATTLE OPERATION 2 seems to be a disappointment based on player reviews. As was Redfall. Torchlight: Infinite was also a letdown, shame since I enjoyed the previous games.

Railway Empire 2 reminds how much I want a game like Transport Tycoon with modern graphics.

I am interested in Silica and The Outlast Trials, but I'm waiting for the early access period to end. I already own Tape to Tape, but again waiting for it to leave early access.

As for rest what catches my eye are System Shock, Tale of Immortal, and Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun.

Ubi came back to Steam last December, when they brought the AC Valhalla and other games, but instead of bringing them all at the same time, they've done it in steps.

Thanks for sharing the news about Friends vs Friends.

And yeah, it was a month with surprises. Some games that were supposed to be great turned out to be duds, while others like the System Shock Remake, Bolton or even the Starship Troopers game have beaten expectations and are quite good, judging by the user reviews.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Ah okay, now I understand.

i thought the face in the picture looked somewhat different, but I couldn't put my finger on it...

Poor Boffer. A weekend is no longer rest enough for you, you need vacation.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

We're almost there, so let's check the best new releases of June:

JUNE

AEW: Fight Forever
link
Aliens: Dark Descent
link
Amnesia: The Bunker
link
BattleBit Remastered
link
Brotato
link
DAVE THE DIVER
link
Etrian Odyssey HD
link
Etrian Odyssey III HD
link
F1® 23
link
Forever Skies
link
NARUTO TO BORUTO: SHINOBI STRIKER
link
Park Beyond
link
Riders Republic
link
Six Days in Fallujah
link
STORY OF SEASONS: A Wonderful Life
link
Street Fighter™ 6
link
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Extraction
link
Trepang2
link

We Love Katamari REROLL+ Royal Reverie
link

Another couple of Ubisoft titles, and what happened to poor Etrian Odyssey II HD? The poor one lost to both its sibling.

By the way, GOG's Winter Sale is now giving away Lost Ruins, in case anyone wants it: https://www.gog.com/en/game/lost_ruins

Hmm almost missed this thread so I'll join up unless it makes things odd then feel free to leave me out.

and here's the wishlist

JEMC said:

JUNE

Another couple of Ubisoft titles, and what happened to poor Etrian Odyssey II HD? The poor one lost to both its sibling.

By the way, GOG's Winter Sale is now giving away Lost Ruins, in case anyone wants it: https://www.gog.com/en/game/lost_ruins

Aliens: Dark Descent, Amnesia: The Bunker, Park Beyond are the ones that stand out.

I thought DAVE THE DIVER had been released in the end of the year since I've only started hearing about it recently.

So much noise was made over Six Days in Fallujah, all it did is make more people aware about the game.

WoodenPints said:

Hmm almost missed this thread so I'll join up unless it makes things odd then feel free to leave me out.

and here's the wishlist

Hey! It's good to see you back in this thread.

Of course you're welcome to join, the deadline for joining is tomorrow, the 20th.

Rhonin the wizard said:
JEMC said:

JUNE

Aliens: Dark Descent, Amnesia: The Bunker, Park Beyond are the ones that stand out.

I thought DAVE THE DIVER had been released in the end of the year since I've only started hearing about it recently.

So much noise was made over Six Days in Fallujah, all it did is make more people aware about the game.

You didn't catch all the talk about Dave the Diver back when it launched? Wow. It was almost everywhere thanks to being one those games that come out of nowhere to become a huge hit.