By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga Trailer

curl-6 said:
HoloDust said:

As someone said - there are only 3 Mad Max films, and they all have Mel Gibson in them.

I wouldn't exclude Fury Road personally, I thought that was a fantastic film that is worthy to stand alongside the original trilogy.

Mad Max 2 is still the best though, bloody brilliant film.

Personally, I find Fury Road to be a bland, disjointed imitation of The Road Warrior, and Tom Hardy to be piss poor replacement for Mel Gibson.

But as a redeeming feature, flame spewing guitarist was very cool.

Around the Network

Yeah given Fury Road itself wasn't a huge hit, it wasn't exactly a great idea to sink a large budget into spinoff that lacks the titular character.

Hopefully this doesn't kill the series.
Maybe a smaller project might work; the original Mad Max was made on a shoestring budget, to the point where the director famously wrecked one of his own vehicles for a scene.
Much as I loved Fury Road, there's something to be said for the rugged charm of the older films with their modest production values.

HoloDust said:
curl-6 said:

I wouldn't exclude Fury Road personally, I thought that was a fantastic film that is worthy to stand alongside the original trilogy.

Personally, I find Fury Road to be a bland, disjointed imitation of The Road Warrior, and Tom Hardy to be piss poor replacement for Mel Gibson.

As far as Tom Hardy goes I partly agree; his attempt at an Aussie accent in Fury Road was terrible.

The film itself though I love for its gloriously frantic, chaotic energy and gorgeous visuals.

Road Warrior is an essential classic at this point, loved it as a kid.
I also loved Fury Road, it is just so much fun to watch. Impressive action and visuals.
I hear some good things about Furiosa as well, I think I will watch it at some point. Kind of feels like it's not getting a fair shake, maybe. People have been so burned by the absolute nonsense that Hollywood has been serving for years now, that they have lost faith in everything. So many must have just thought that this is yet another girlboss shitfest to be ignored, but apparently that's not the case.
Once the faith is gone, it will take a lot of work to build it back up. Or maybe going to the movies just isn't a big thing anymore, the world has moved on?

Going to the movies is still very much a thing, you only need to look as far as hits like Dune Part II, Godzilla x Kong The New Empire, (and to a lesser extent Godzilla Minus One) the Mario movie, Barbie, and Oppenheimer.

The problem is that most Hollywood movies these days are such godawful trash that they've torched whatever goodwill they once had and people are much less willing to give the benefit of the doubt to anything that looks vaguely suspect.

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
curl-6 said:

Opinions are subjective, but the highlighted part is pretty much objectively incorrect. Pretty much nothing about fury road could be called bland in any way, the film can't really be called disjointed, it's probably the best edited film in the series. It has some similarities with Road warrior but is a very different beast at the end of the day. I understand preferring Road warrior  and the style of fury road is not for everyone but don't just make up criticisms for the film to justify not liking it. It's ok to not like something and still appreciate that it's well made.

chakkra said:
pikashoe said:

George miller wanted to make this film before fury road was even finished. We should be applauding an artist actually making what they want to make rather than what the studio wants. Also fury road wasn't even a boxoffice hit. It only made 380 million worldwide. 

It's depressing that fan pandering rubbish like deadpool and wolverine will probably massively outgross films with genuine artistic vision and contribute to the creative death of Hollywood.

NO. If a creator wants my money, then they have to make something for ME. If a creator wants to do something for himself then he can sit at his house and watch his c*p himself (and don't complain about me not watching it).

Oh, and I'm REALLY glad that Deadpool will massively outgroos this movie.

I really hope this comment is a joke. Because if not yikes.

I saw this in movies last week and very much enjoy. I personally would put it below Fury Road but still found it extremely enjoyable and was quite impress with both the sound and visuals of the movies. This will be probably be my second blue ray purchase of the year for me (the first being Dune Part 2) and likely this and Dune Part 2 will be the only 2 Blu rays I buy this year as I only buy the blu ray version if a movie have extremely good visuals and sound (to my eyes/ears).

I'm interested in this film. Love Road Warrior and parts of Thunderdome and parts of the first movie. Liked Fury road mainly because of the the effects and scenery but it was for me more forgettable story-wise compared to the other movies in the franchise.
Was not that invested in the character Furiosa but I think the movie is still worth a watch just for the visuals.

pikashoe said:
HoloDust said:

Opinions are subjective, but the highlighted part is pretty much objectively incorrect. Pretty much nothing about fury road could be called bland in any way, the film can't really be called disjointed, it's probably the best edited film in the series. It has some similarities with Road warrior but is a very different beast at the end of the day. I understand preferring Road warrior  and the style of fury road is not for everyone but don't just make up criticisms for the film to justify not liking it. It's ok to not like something and still appreciate that it's well made.

Oxymoron much?