Diablo III 5 11.90%

Journey 12 28.57%

Fire Emblem: Awakening 5 11.90%

Dragon's Dogma 7 16.67%

Spec Ops: The Line 3 7.14%

The Walking Dead: Season 1 5 11.90%

ZombiU 5 11.90%

Total:42

Other, Telltales The Walking Dead. Everything you do have dire consequences.

Kinda of a crap year imo. Fire Emblem Awakening was alright, but I just did not like it as much as the GBA-titles. A lot better than the DS-games but takes the series away a bit from what I like and never went back.

Around the Network

God 2012, what a hell of a year. Some of my top 50 hit this year. The long long wait for FEZ (26) was over and it’s still one of best indie games ever. Dishonored (9) launched and it became a game I would regularly reply for years even today. TellTales: The Walking Dead (23) would bring TT a success they’ve never seen and also result in their eventual death when they refused to deviate from the same gameplay formula. But my vote has to go to Dragons Dogma (6). Even to this day it’s the only franchise I like by Capcom and still one of the best RPGs of all time.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Of the few I've I've played, I'll just say Angry Birds Star Wars.

This is a tough one for me since Diablo III as it was in 2012 was boring as fuck (like Diablo IV is right now). It wasn't until the Reaper of Souls expansion and all the changes that came afterward that the game really took off but since the game won't be listed in the 2014 GotY thread, I voted for Diablo III here.

Signature goes here!

Diablo 3 ended up good but not as it launched. Didn't play it til collectors edition later anyway. This actually looks like a slow year for me, sure i was playing ME3 or Dragon Age 2 still from last year but there is 1 game not listed at all that needs more people to play it. Not for the gameplay, no no. The story.

Spec Ops: The Line

I'm bolding for emphasis. 

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Telltale the walking dead won it right?

I’ve been reluctant to downplay a specific year so far, but 2012 is pretty rough by my personal standards. The absence of Xenoblade really hurts it.

My pick is Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. I’m not typically a visual novel guy, but Zero Escape manages the transcend the genre with challenging puzzle-solving gameplay, memorable characters, and Rashomon-style storytelling.

Second place would probably be Wipeout 2048. I loved all the modes, the blistering pace, the track designs, and the clean visuals.

2012 was a good year for Vita.

Mark of the a Ninja also deserves a mention. Just a brilliant stealth action game.

Kid icarusssssss.
Diablo 3 was awful

Voted for Dishonored but despite some ok games this year, 2012 was probably the single dullest year for gaming that I can remember. For one thing, the launch of the WiiU was bittersweet and it was also the dawn of the 8th gen, which was my least favorite generation of home gaming since gen 2. Fortunately, next year does have a bunch of games that I really like: Zelda for 3DS, Bioshock Infinite, Mario 3D World and The Last of Us among the best of them. But going forward from there until the launch of the Switch was my personal dark era of gaming, so to speak.

2012 was mid as the kids say these days. ME3 at launch was kind of a disappointment, on the other hand, Minecraft actually became good.

Voted for Dishonored, but not a lot of contenders except for Journey. Maybe Skullgirls.