By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future of gaming in a all digital future

BasilZero said:

Physical will still be an option , just wont be the most successful form.

As for me, I'm already pretty much all digital.

I only bought one or two games this year that was actual physical - the rest whether it was on Switch, Xbox, Playstation or PC - was all digital.

I prefer digital because of the less boxes to clutter. I dont re-sell/trade my games so I'm fine with that.

True, but that's pretty much where we are already at. I stated that books were the most secure against an all-digtal future and they indeed still outsell eBooks by orders of magnitude.

Video games, music, and films/tv all sell more digitally by orders of magnitude as a whole. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

If they shut down the digital stores I will just pirate the games. I do it with a couple of Game Cube titles

It's their choice to lose my money. Can't buy what is not for sale

It's generally only Nintendo that does it. Third parties almost always port their games to PC

Not exactly something to lose my sleep about tbh

Agreed.  That and I'm not paying $300 for a 20 year old game.  I would happily pay $10 of developers would like leverage steam.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED