By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Cobretti2 said:

hmm I recently got a new laptop with ddr5 ram and didn't even think to check at what clock speed it's running at as assumed it be the speed it says lol.

what happen to the good old days where you trust things to run as specified an not needing to change settings lol.

Back in my day we used to set things like CPU Multiplier+Front Side Bus, Ram speed, voltages etc' on the motherboard via individual switches or jumpers.
No new-fangled user interface to deal with.

Those were the days.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

OK so changing ram isn't as simple as I thought. I have three options:

1) 5600 G2 (42x100.00x1.33)
2) 5600 G2 (56x100.00x1.00)
3) 5600 G4 (56x100.00x1.00)

Seems like option 2 or 3 is the right pick? I have cosair 5600 32 gb (16x2) ddr5.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Option 1 is the correct option, but XMP should be handling all that.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Since we're talking about ram and computer speed here, I currently have AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor with 16 GB of ram. It works fine for games and stuff but windows(10) itself is super laggy taking nearly 5 mins to boot up. Is this normal? I had a laptop running windows 8 for the longest time and it booted up in like under a minute.

The world belongs to you-Pan America

SAguy said:

Since we're talking about ram and computer speed here, I currently have AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor with 16 GB of ram. It works fine for games and stuff but windows(10) itself is super laggy taking nearly 5 mins to boot up. Is this normal? I had a laptop running windows 8 for the longest time and it booted up in like under a minute.

I suggest a reinstallation, only DDR5 setups should take longer due to memory training, AMD anyway. I am not sure if Intel goes through the same bullshit.

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:
SAguy said:

I suggest a reinstallation, only DDR5 setups should take longer due to memory training, AMD anyway. I am not sure if Intel goes through the same bullshit.

You just have to enable "Memory Context Restore" in the BIOS and AMD boot times should be pretty fast with DDR5.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Random_Matt said:

You just have to enable "Memory Context Restore" in the BIOS and AMD boot times should be pretty fast with DDR5.

Found it and enabled. Thanks.

Last edited by Random_Matt - on 15 November 2023

Random_Matt said:

Damn What a hassle. I guess I'll just have re-download all my games again.

The world belongs to you-Pan America

SAguy said:
Random_Matt said:

Damn What a hassle. I guess I'll just have re-download all my games again.

Just read the reply to his reply, should be much easier and faster

So Chrkeller, did you get it working with its correct profile on?