By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How will be Switch 2 performance wise?

Your expectations

Performance ridiculously ... 0 0%

Really below current gen,... 2 100.00%

Slightly below current ge... 0 0%

On pair with current gen,... 0 0%

Total:2
zeldaring said:
Phenomajp13 said:

Several platforms were mentioned in the poll, it's a poll. Its an unreleased platform so we dont know where it will land. It's clearly not a popular option. Yet you felt the need to obsess over the comparison? You have more than just that post comparing to PS5, you have several. Just looking through the thread, you have been completely obsessed with letting the thread know PS5 is more powerful and then Soundwave correctly calls out the obsession with PS5 comparisons and you act like so many people here saying that when clearly the poll results show no one expects that. No one even brings it up but you. The simple fact is, you are the one pushing the comparison to PS5.

Edit: I think your biggest gripe in this thread has been anyone that says beyond PS4 or PS4 Pro led you to believe means equals PS5 and then just became obsessed with convincing everyone it won't match PS5 when literally no one is arguing that. 

The reality is ps4 to ps4 pro.

There is no reality for a platform that doesn't exist lol.

Around the Network
Phenomajp13 said:
zeldaring said:

The reality is ps4 to ps4 pro.

There is no reality for a platform that doesn't exist lol.

Well most likely scenario based on all the info we have but yea your right we don't know yet.

Phenomajp13 said:
Chrkeller said:

How was I the first poster to mention the ps5 when the OP has the ps5 listed in the poll?  

Nothing I posted was ever off topic from the OP.  What about my first post is problematic?  

"Ps4 to ps4 pro. It will not produce series s visuals much less ps5. Memory bandwidth is going to be a limiting factor.  Storage space will also be curious."

Several platforms were mentioned in the poll, it's a poll. Its an unreleased platform so we dont know where it will land. It's clearly not a popular option. Yet you felt the need to obsess over the comparison? You have more than just that post comparing to PS5, you have several. Just looking through the thread, you have been completely obsessed with letting the thread know PS5 is more powerful and then Soundwave correctly calls out the obsession with PS5 comparisons and you act like so many people here saying that when clearly the poll results show no one expects that. No one even brings it up but you. The simple fact is, you are the one pushing the comparison to PS5.

Edit: I think your biggest gripe in this thread has been anyone that says beyond PS4 or PS4 Pro led you to believe means equals PS5 and then just became obsessed with convincing everyone it won't match PS5 when literally no one is arguing that. 

You are also viewing this thread in isolation.  Soundwave (and others) spent months claiming the S2 would be comparable to the ps5.  Then moved to "same class" of hardware.  To now finally acknowledging it isn't a ps5.  Soundwave spent months comparing to the ps5.  Christ he claimed Sony and MS needed to be afraid of the iphone.....

You are also ignoring when I posted my comparison, which was the point of the thread, my position was immediately challenged two posts later.  

If you want to ignore facts and blame me, fine.  But pretending Soundwave wasn't every bit as "obsessed" is disingenuous.  He pushed his views as much as I pushed mine.

The irony being we shut down the circle jerk, moved on to discussing software and you brought all this back up.  Why?  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 14 February 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Soundwave said:

The Famicom launched in Japan the same *exact* day as Sega launched their competing SG-1000 console (no one mentions this of course). The Famicom was waaaaay more powerful, it could easily handle (for the time) complex scrolling level games while the SG-1000 was kind of stuck in like Atari 2600 land with static screen games on a generic black background type of thing. In the West, most people's conception of a home console then was basically the Atari 2600, the NES was a monstrous upgrade over an Atari 2600, it's like going from silent films to movies that have sound and color.

A bit of overexaggeration here - ColecoVision is something that launched in 1982 and was way ahead of Atari 2600 (which is understandable, as 2600 was 1977, and ColecoVision is the actual start of 3rd gen), and THE product that impressed Famicom designers and set the bar for it.

Recent rumors have the S2 at $400. Which I think is brilliant. A S2 that is BC and launches with a 3d mario at $400 will sell well out of the gates.

And maybe my dream of a 1440p 60 fps WWHD port will come true.  Assets are low in WW due to the style, a 2050 could really clean up the performance.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Recent rumors have the S2 at $400. Which I think is brilliant. A S2 that is BC and launches with a 3d mario at $400 will sell well out of the gates.

And maybe my dream of a 1440p 60 fps WWHD port will come true.  Assets are low in WW due to the style, a 2050 could really clean up the performance.  

Why not just play it on your pc lol.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Why not just play it on your pc lol.

I actually did a few months ago.  I played it in 4k and it looked great.  It was 30 fps, I couldn't figure out how to get 60 fps.  

I'm a sucker for zelda, I would triple dip on wind and twilight.  I would double dip on breath and tears for 1440p 60 fps.

Edit

On a side note citra works pretty damn good.  Works well.  Click the right analog to switch screens.  And the upscaling is really good.  I think Nintendo should work with these emulation programs and integrate into the switch 2.  

Edit 2

I meant to add earlier $400 is an excellent price for families.  I could easily see get two units, one for me and one for the kids.  We currently have 3 switch units and price was a huge factor.  At $500+ that would not have happened.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 14 February 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

I actually did a few months ago.  I played it in 4k and it looked great.  It was 30 fps, I couldn't figure out how to get 60 fps.  

I'm a sucker for zelda, I would triple dip on wind and twilight.  I would double dip on breath and tears for 1440p 60 fps.

You can get Breath in any resolution and 60 fps+ you want on Cemu already.

Not sure if Tears is a stable 60 fps yet, but there's a mod that doubles the framerate limit and you can even use Lossless Scaling to frame-gen your way to 120.

In the end, the only thing that matters is, whether the Switch 2's hardware can secure 3rd party multiplatform parity or not.
Hardware specs become problematic the moment they affect the chances of getting game xy on the system.

haxxiy said:
Chrkeller said:

You can get Breath in any resolution and 60 fps+ you want on Cemu already.

Not sure if Tears is a stable 60 fps yet, but there's a mod that doubles the framerate limit and you can even use Lossless Scaling to frame-gen your way to 120.

Yeah, I can't get past some region things on cemu.  I need to give it another go.  Something about wii u update.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED