By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rockstar to Release First GTA VI Trailer in Early December

Will you be buying GTA VI?

Yes, at launch 2 13.33%

Yes, after launch 3 20.00%

Maybe, not sure yet 4 26.67%

No, not interested 6 40.00%

Total:15
Vinther1991 said:

Frankly, this studio is not what it used to be. Both GTAV and RDR2 were huge disappointments to me.

That's an interesting take I thought RDR2 was leagues better than GTA V.

Around the Network

My biggest worry about GTA VI is rockstar will double down on the online part of the game and as a result have a lackluster single-player experience.

RDR2 gives me some hope there. But seeing how much more popular Gta online is and how much money they made from it. They will end up prioritizing it.

Hopefully this means it's getting shown off at the Game Awards since that would be be a big boon to the show. GTA 5 targeted 2005 hardware so this is gonna be such a huge leap over that and even a significant one over RDR2.

Going by my GTA history....

GTA1 (PC)

GTA2 (PC)

GTA3 (PS4, iOS and PC)

GTA Vice City (PS2, PS4, iOS and PC)

GTA San Andreas (PS2, PS4, iOS and PC)

GTA Liberty City Stories (PSP)

GTA Vice City Stories (PSP)

GTA4 (PS3, Xbox, PC)

GTA5 (PS4, PS5, Xbox, PC)

I'll be getting GTA6 for sure lol.

Likely PS5 first and then PC a few years later.

Wman1996 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I was expecting it to launch next year actually. But you're right, if it's releasing after 2024 there is no point in cross gen version 

Ok. I totally didn't realize you meant Xbox One and PS4. It really should not be on those. Not only would it mean the devs would have to worry about launching on two generations, but also from a business standpoint it gives yet another reason not to move past Xbox One and PS4 in the eyes of customers. There's been tons of support on Xbox One and PS4, AAA games should more or less die out on it after 2024. Smaller mainstream games and indies can keep coming out for as long as it makes sense. 

Yeah, I don't think it will either. Only PS5/XB at launch, maybe PC, but most likely PC later and Switch 2 eventually.

There's probably a non-trivial number of people waiting on GTA6 to upgrade to PS5/XSX too.

Around the Network

Immense hype whenever the trailer drops.

Its a once in a decade event at this point, but GTA is still my favorite video game series of all time, and the hype surrounding VI is going to be unrivaled. Rockstar underdelivering on this would legit make me stop gaming lol.