Mario Kart: Double Dash 6 13.95%

Knights of the Old Republic 10 23.26%

Zone of Enders: The Second Runner 2 4.65%

F-Zero GX 5 11.63%

Tales of Symphonia 5 11.63%

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow 4 9.30%

Total:43
Jpcc86 said:

Third slow year in a row. SNES era is def. when gaming peaked son.

Im going with Kotor I guess.

I think most people would agree when I say 2001 and 2002 were incredible years. You really think they were slow???

Around the Network
Dreamcaster999 said:
Jpcc86 said:

I think most people would agree when I say 2001 and 2002 were incredible years. You really think they were slow???

I think year's "speed" really depends on what type of games you like and what systems you were gaming on at the time. I mean, you just said that 2003 was very poor, but I don't see it that way, at all.

Another easy year to pick.

Disgaea is the only sensible choice.

2003 was a great year, though to me it is admittedly because it has at least two all-time top favourites like I said. The Golden Age I'd say would indeed soon be over.

Also, about the graphics cards discussion for KotOR; I'm pretty sure I still had the GeForce 2 on at least my first playthrough... But I don't know.

Cyran said:

Knights of the old republic was the easy choice for me.  Still to this day one of my favorite games of all time. I really hope they do the remake right.

(..)

I'm afraid the remake will be abandonware.

But yeah of course I hope it'll be amazing.

Around the Network

I think I've only played Double Dash, Viewtiful Joe and Final Fantasy X-2 from this list. I was going to say Viewtiful Joe wins until I saw other posters mention Tales of Symphonia and that is the easy winner for me. One of my favorite rpg's of all time.

Dreamcaster999 said:
Jpcc86 said:

I do, but thats just my personal opinion. Theres good games every year, its just that some of them really feel like they were stacked more than others. 

Poor year!
Max Payne 2, Freedom Fighters & NFS Underground were my jam at the time.

Other. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was a big game for me that year.
Mario Kart: Double Dash not far behind.

Last edited by ireadtabloids - on 03 November 2023

Oh...I completely forgot another 800 pound gorilla in the room that launched that year - EVE Online. I don't think any other MMO has ever had so many articles written about machinations, backstabbings and epic battles that go on it that virtual universe.