By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the life of an affluent game studio owner like?

spynx said:

This doesn't make me smile.

So those founders of studios like Respawn Entertainment only got their monies when EA bought them? So after buying them, they don't get any proceeds from their next games?

How old are you?

Around the Network
Deyon said:
spynx said:

This doesn't make me smile.

So those founders of studios like Respawn Entertainment only got their monies when EA bought them? So after buying them, they don't get any proceeds from their next games?

How old are you?

I don't thing this has anything to do with the topic. I'm in my 40s anyway. I want know more as i want to enter the industry, but i don't want something that the hustle would not the worth it.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

This certainly is a thread..

I'm sure anyone that's affluent lives the way they choose or what their income allows.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I think you'd be surprised how busy they are, constantly putting out fires.

Game studio owners often lead affluent lifestyles, enjoying luxury homes, high-end vehicles, and indulging in hobbies. They attend industry events, collaborate with top talent, and may invest in various ventures. However, specific lifestyles vary based on individual preferences and business success.

Last edited by Albert7866 - on 02 March 2024

Around the Network

I think it's probably the same as for any line of business. You try and you might be successful first shot at it, but chances are bigger you'll fail at least the first time at it. Perhaps fail the second try and the third also and so on. How determined are you to try and try again?

I believe being successful out of the gate, lots have to fall in the right direction. For the few stories we hear of a studio founder selling off and be financially independent in one go, there will be many more stories we never hear about with misses and failures.