Chrono Trigger 7 7.69%

Super Mario 64 12 13.19%

Final Fantasy VII 13 14.29%

Ocarina of Time 28 30.77%

Age of Empires II 2 2.20%

Total:91
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Dreamcaster999 said:

It's boring, but very true. Never seen a poll like this that doesn't end with OoT winning

I've seen Ocarina of Time lose polls like this several times, but it's been a while since I've seen anyone do a poll like this.  Gamefaqs used to do an annual series of polls to determine the greatest game of all time.  About half of the time Ocarina of Time would, in fact, win.  The other half of the time Final Fantasy VII would win.

Of course, it's been several years since I've seen them do something like this.  Since then Ocarina of Time was released on the 3DS, which probably helps its popularity.  On the other hand, younger gamers don't care about the Final Fantasy series.  The current versions of the series are not relevant to younger gamers, and so they are not going to go back and play earlier entries in the series.  Meanwhile, Zelda is now more popular than it's ever been.  Some younger BotW fans are going to want to go back and try the earlier Zeldas.  This sort of thing gives OoT an advantage over Final Fantasy VII among people who weren't gamers in the 90s.

The only times I've seen OOT lose have been PC gaming publications voting for the best console game. FF7 mostly wins them because it had a PC port unlike OOT.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Holy sh!t, there are five games here that are in my top 20 titles of all time: Super Mario World, both Zelda's, Super Metroid and Mario 64. And Chrono is probably in the next tier down.

But despite Ocarina and SMW being very strong contenders, Zelda: A Link to the Past is my overall game of the '90s.

It's between Super Metroid and Super Metroid imo

I signed up just to vote for ocarina of time

Sad to notice none of my biggest favorites made it - and 90's is my favorite decade.
Those biggest favorites would've been Lucas adventures and similar, space flight sims, JRPGs and driving games.

I'll go with OoT because it's the game I most enjoyed of the ones I've played (and I'm pretty sure none that I haven't can beat it, with possible exception of Chrono Trigger).

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger.

Game of the Millenium

Kaunisto said:

Sad to notice none of my biggest favorites made it - and 90's is my favorite decade.
Those biggest favorites would've been Lucas adventures and similar, space flight sims, JRPGs and driving games.

I'll go with OoT because it's the game I most enjoyed of the ones I've played (and I'm pretty sure none that I haven't can beat it, with possible exception of Chrono Trigger).

There were 2 JRPGs in the voting options.  I'm guessing neither one was your jam though.

I have Super Metroid in my top spot but I'm surprisingly OK with this top 3 RN.

Age of Empires 2 be spectatin'

Kyuu said:

Age of Empires 2 be spectatin'

PC gaming is dead :p

Doom managed 22 votes in 1993 against Links Awakening 2nd at 11. Now it's 9 vs 19 for OOT.

Personally I would rather replay Doom than OOT, yet that's because there are much better Zelda's after OOT while Doom kinda peaked with the first one for me. I did quite enjoy the slower paced Doom 3 at the time yet never got into the new versions.