Suikoden II 3 3.06%

Xenogears 2 2.04%

Banjo-Kazooie 2 2.04%

Ocarina of Time 44 44.90%

Other (please specify) 9 9.18%

Total:98
Jaicee said:
HoloDust said:

Funny thing is, original Zelda was supposed to be bunch of "labyrinths" (dungeons) that you get into from the main screen. But under the influence of Ultima (as per Miyamoto), they added the overworld.

Very interesting! Did not know that!

And good thing they did. LoZ would still be a great game, but it got better for having that connecting tissue between dungeons.

I guess it's how Demon's Souls is much like that initial LoZ concept, dungeons without overworld, and still being a great game, but Dark Souls having both and being a better game for it.

Around the Network

So glad Starcraft managed to take the runner up position. Tough fight with Half-life and Metal Gear Solid only one vote behind.

1. Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven
2. Fallout 2
3. Half-Life
Resident Evil 2
StarCraft

Ocarina of Time, easily

My next two favorites of 1998 were Xenogears and Resident Evil 2.

Question, who else voted Xenogears besides me? There was one other person.

Also, 1998, I can't think of a calendar year in the history of video games I like more for original releases - a lot of those we didn't get until a bit later.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

Question, who else voted Xenogears besides me? There was one other person.

Also, 1998, I can't think of a calendar year in the history of video games I like more for original releases - a lot of those we didn't get until a bit later.

I did because I didn't think anyone else would but it's one of my fave PS1 games. The year is so packed that even if my favorite game is better known I feel more compelled to get the word out of lesser-known and so I posted Panzer Dragoon Saga. Voted on the poll for Xenogears. So many others I would have talked about as well but that would be the longest post ever.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Starsiege Tribes