By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Sales Comparison Charts September 2023 Discussion Thread

XtremeBG said:

WoW. Europe will be hard for the PS5 (to catch to PS4) It is so much down compared to the other regions.
It will be interesting if and how and when it will catch up.

Sony definitely prioritized more in the US and Japan then Europe during the shortages. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Link to the VGChartz article here.

PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Sales Comparison in the US - September 2023

This monthly series compares the aligned US sales of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.

The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S both launched in November 2020. The Xbox Series X|S launched in the US on November 10, 2020, and the PlayStation 5 on November 12, 2020.

PS5 Vs. XSX|S US:

Gap change in latest month: 169,848 - PS5

Gap change over last 12 months: 2,975,217 - PS5

Total Lead: 3,993,220 - PS5

PlayStation 5 Total Sales: 15,670,457

Xbox Series X|S Total Sales: 11,677,237

September 2023 is the 35th month the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S has been available for. In the latest month, the gap grew in favor of the PlayStation 5 when compared to the aligned launch of the Xbox Series X|S by 169,848 units.

In the last 12 months, the PlayStation 5 has outsold Xbox Series X|S by 2.98 million units. The PlayStation 5 is currently ahead by 3.99 million units.

The PlayStation 5 has sold 15.67 million units in the US in 35 months, while the Xbox Series X|S sold 11.68 million units. The PlayStation 5 has a 57.3 percent marketshare (+4.2% year-over-year), compared to 42.7 percent for the Xbox Series X|S (-4.2% year-over-year).

The PlayStation 5 is currently 0.94 million units ahead the PlayStation 4 in the US when you align launches, while the Xbox Series X|S is behind the Xbox One by 1.51 million.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.