Chrono Trigger 38 49.35%

DCK2: Diddy Kong's Quest 10 12.99%

Yoshi's Island 9 11.69%

Panzer Dragoon 2 2.60%

Rayman 2 2.60%

Twisted Metal 1 1.30%

Other (please specify) 7 9.09%

Total:77

I only couple years ago got to play Full Throttle and it's least to say in top 5 of Lucas adventures so, not having a great favorite here, I'll go with that.
Next choice would've been Clock Tower, I'm fond of the series.
Honorary mentions to Steel Panthers and Fatal Racing.

Around the Network

DKC2. I just love this game so much. It has not actually been surpassed by the newer DKC games.

Last edited by Valdney - on 12 October 2023

Dreamcaster999 said:
Jumpin said:

#1 Chrono Trigger

#2 Terranigma

#3 DKC2

#4 Suikoden

Two of my top 10 favourite games of all time came out on this list with Chrono Trigger and Terranigma.

Not much to say about this one which won’t already be said. Chrono Trigger is what I’d consider the best designed RPG of the 1990s and my second favourite game of the 1990s, the first favourite is a bit of a spiritual successor to both Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6: Tetsuya Takahashi’s Xenogears.

Terranigma is one of my favourite action games of all time, in fact, as far as action RPGs go, it remains my #2 of all time (next wto Witcher 3) and would have been #1 most years of the 1990s, it just happened to come out the same year as Chrono Trigger, my second favourite game released in the 1990s. Terranigma is my third favourite game of the 1990s.

Terranigma is also the final game I bought for the 16-but generation (or second final, I think Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons came out after).

Damn, I forgot about Terranigma. Thanks for the reminder. Amazing game!

Haha, you’re not alone in forgetfulness. Somehow I forgot to round out my top 5 with Super Mario RPG.

I think Terranigma is one of those games that seemed far bigger back in the day than it was in reality. At the time I thought it was a bigger game than Chrono Trigger, but in the wider world of the Internet you hardly ever hear about it compared to Chrono Trigger.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Dreamcaster999 said:

Damn, I forgot about Terranigma. Thanks for the reminder. Amazing game!

Somehow I forgot to round out my top 5 with Super Mario RPG. 

Isn't that a 1996 title?

gtotheunit91 said:
Jumpin said:

Somehow I forgot to round out my top 5 with Super Mario RPG. 

Isn't that a 1996 title?

D’oh! I think you’re right.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Official voting is now closed.  The 1995 Game of the Year is Chrono Trigger and the runner up is Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest.

Chrono Trigger was the clear winner with over 45% of the vote.  The only real question for this year was which of the two other SNES games would get the runner up position, but in the end Diddy Kong pulled it off.

Nothing else came close for me that year.

I remember playing it at my friend's house, and us being near the end, I stayed instead of going home to have dinner because I didn't want to miss anything.
Was so hungry I had a stomache ache as I finally went home after seeing the end credits for the first time. Worth.

Last edited by Hiku - on 12 October 2023

Think I need to give an honorable mention to a game from 1995 that I played a lot back in the day and still pick up from time to time.
My favorite scrolling shooter Tyrian.

Filled with secrets and a great generator system. Being able to collect money to buy and upgrade your weapon arsenal - something I miss in pretty much every other game in the genre. The graphics look a bit stale by todays standard, but the gameplay and music holds up well. It is released as freeware and a lot of community created ports exists to play it on different systems. 

I picked other because Worms came out in 1995!