By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Clash of the October 20th titans: Which will sell more, Mario Wonder or Spiderman 2?

Which will sell more?

Super Mario Bros Wonder 125 84.46%

Spiderman 2 23 15.54%

Total:148
Soundwave said:

There's a lot of investment chatter that Disney is under a lot of pressure to bring their video game IP back under house, wonder what happens if Disney decides to take the Spider-Man IP back and make it multi-plat.

They would go to lukewarm games they had with ABK =p unless they decide to invest a lot, because other big properties like Jedi don't reach as high as SM2 even with all platforms.

And not sure it would be easy for Disney to get it back, and they are giving even more.

Also Sony doesn't even have exclusivity over Spider-man or X-men or wolverine since other games had chars from those (and most likely on the avengers Spiderman being only on PS was due Sony paying some extra to SE/Disney).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

One thing I haven't really seen mentioned here is that spiderman 2 will likely be on ps plus at some point which will likely hurt it's legs in the long run.

What does Nintendo actually get by hiding digital sales? I mean they already do good on the Physical Charts. This only servers to provide less complete chart information which I don't see a beneficial unless I am missing something here.

CosmicSex said:

What does Nintendo actually get by hiding digital sales? I mean they already do good on the Physical Charts. This only servers to provide less complete chart information which I don't see a beneficial unless I am missing something here.

Not hinding / sharing... but yes I have no Idea why they provide that to Circana

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

pikashoe said:

One thing I haven't really seen mentioned here is that spiderman 2 will likely be on ps plus at some point which will likely hurt it's legs in the long run.

The problem is this thread is only about switch and ps5 so the winner will be determined based on anytime any of these come out with a delux version or spiderman 2 on pc cause once that happens we cant track anymore 

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
pikashoe said:

The problem is this thread is only about switch and ps5 so the winner will be determined based on anytime any of these come out with a delux version or spiderman 2 on pc cause once that happens we cant track anymore 

Eh ok, I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said. 

Back to what you said a pc version won't necessarily kill legs on ps5 at least not completely. Plenty of ps5 owners don't game on pc so I don't see how a pc release would kill legs that much. Tge main issue is that once released on pc sony will likely start combining the sales of both.

pikashoe said:
zeldaring said:

Back to what you said a pc version won't necessarily kill legs on ps5 at least not completely. Plenty of ps5 owners don't game on pc so I don't see how a pc release would kill legs that much. Tge main issue is that once released on pc sony will likely start combining the sales of both.

Sony will combine spiderman 2 with pc making it impossible to track in 2-3 years.

zeldaring said:
pikashoe said:

You do realise that anywhere from 25-50% of mario wonders sales aren't included here due to digital sales not being counted for nintendo and this counts dollar sales not the number of units sold. 

Yes I do but it's probably more like 20% since spiderman 2 was beating mario wonder by 700k in 10 days vs 14 and thats with mario wonder havinga huge lead in japan, but even more telling is how close switch and xbox are in units. ps5 is gonna be a huge seller and spiderman 2 is bundled, it's gonna be a easy win. switch is on it's way out.

How long are you going to wait for your cliff?

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

zeldaring said:
pikashoe said:

Sony will combine spiderman 2 with pc making it impossible to track in 2-3 years.

I feel like you don't actually fully read what you are replying to most of the time. 

pikashoe said:
zeldaring said:

I feel like you don't actually fully read what you are replying to most of the time. 

In this case you are the one that didn't understand his point.

He isn't saying PS5 sales of SM2 will be dead or even impacted. What he is saying is that whenever Sony give the total sold number it will have PC sales together with the PS5, so unless they give a breakdown we won't be able to tell for sure (and same could happen with a port or whatever for Switch 2 depending on how Nintendo give the sales number).

So he is saying that the comparison will be made for up to 2 years more or less.