By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Rebirth TGS

Tagged games:

I was jaded on the remake. The first episode was amazing so I don't doubt rebirth will be great.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network

Really hyped for this. I'll experience Remake (for the first time) and Rebirth back to back! Anyone else? So far my main gripe, apart from the plot thing, is the glaring object/shadow pop-in. Hopefully the launch build noticeably improves there.

I got them goosebumps when the piano played in grasslands (overworld).

gtotheunit91 said:
haxxiy said:

Apparently, this doesn't open up the map like Zelda or AC or anything, it just pinpoints a few locations of interest.

Hmm, interesting spin on the concept. So with it incorporating Chadley, does this have to do more with his Intel Reports from Remake? Rather than "open section of map, here's everything to do in that zone" 

To my knowledge these 'remanant towers' (is that their name?) serve another purpose. There are two stories at play here. The main story of Final Fantasy 7 and the story of the world. As you explore more remanant towers you will learn more about this world.

From what I have heard, Junion was formely the capital of the republic before Shrina took over the world with Mako energy. These towers are relics of the republic's network infrastructure. They will tell the story of the world's history. It will feel like this world is a world like Ivalice or Spira before it.

Personally I'm very happy with this news because one of the things I loved about Remake is how Midgar was telling you its story. In same way now the world of Gaia will tell its story.

Looking so good i cant wait!.

This will surely be longer than Part I. The already released Remake covers over a quarter of the story, but only about 16-20% of the first game.
Rebirth will probably be the most packed in terms of adapted locations and such. Part III will probably only cover the last 20% or so of FFVII.
It's a Leap Year release, and I plan on getting it at launch.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:

This will surely be longer than Part I. The already released Remake covers over a quarter of the story, but only about 16-20% of the first game.
Rebirth will probably be the most packed in terms of adapted locations and such. Part III will probably only cover the last 20% or so of FFVII.
It's a Leap Year release, and I plan on getting it at launch.

I can see the 3rd part getting expanded on the most and being an almost totally different game from the original (Apart from locations, which I doubt it'll add as many as Rebirth will). Like Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, the entire Rebirth world will intergrated into/compatible with the game somehow, maybe by having all the content included, or by letting the new game access the data of the previous two parts through patches and whatnot. Ideally, the game will know which Rebirth side quests we did or skipped... and allow you to start them at any time as if we're playing Rebirth.

For Rebirth, they confirmed side quests will be about twice longer than the main story. The ratio could be around the same for the final part.