By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct set for September 14 at 7:00 a.m. PT / 10:00 a.m. ET

The_Liquid_Laser said:

A 40 minute Nintendo Direct is a very good sign, especially since we've already gotten a Mario Wonder Direct. Should be a good amount of content.

Of course, if you want the Switch to be replaced soon, then this is actually a bad sign....

I’m convinced Switch 2 is releasing next fall and I don’t see Nintendo wanting to have a big drought of 1st party titles leading up to its launch so I think 2024 will have a pretty solid lineup, maybe not filed with huge system sellers but a steady flow of medium sized titles.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

A 40 minute Nintendo Direct is a very good sign, especially since we've already gotten a Mario Wonder Direct. Should be a good amount of content.

Of course, if you want the Switch to be replaced soon, then this is actually a bad sign....

this direct being a thing is not a sign of anything to do with the next switch, good or bad. it's just par for the course.

NintendoPie said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

this direct being a thing is not a sign of anything to do with the next switch, good or bad. it's just par for the course.

Im guessing a lot of third party ports. It just makes sense for publishers at this point to make a few easy bucks.

I'm expecting this to be less noteworthy than the last direct so even just Metroid Prime 4 finally getting shown off would be enough to satisfy me.

I only want F-ZERO GX remake or Gamecube on Nintendo Switch Online.

34 years playing games.

Around the Network

I would love a new Rhythm Heaven and/or Punch-Out!!

New DK Country starring Dixie
Rhythm Heaven
Metroid 4
Mario Kart last wave
Pikmin dlc
Mario RPG
Splatoon update

Keeping my expectations low.

IIRC Nintendo said no new hardware in the first half of 2024, and I expect games that I am excited about (Metroid Prime 4) are being saved for Switch 2. Even if it is a cross-gen release Nintendo doesn't tend to show games more than a year out.

Doctor_MG said:

Alright, time to keep our expectations in check people. This is only for the winter, so from now until around March.

It's focused on winter. They always say that. That doesn't mean they can't/won't show anything coming after March. Because they always do that.

zorg1000 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I’m convinced Switch 2 is releasing next fall and I don’t see Nintendo wanting to have a big drought of 1st party titles leading up to its launch so I think 2024 will have a pretty solid lineup, maybe not filed with huge system sellers but a steady flow of medium sized titles.

The main problem with this reasoning is that first party releases have noticeably dropped the year before the successor released on EVERY PREVIOUS NINTENDO SYSTEM.  You're basically saying, "I believe what I want to believe, and I don't care what the reliable evidence says."

I'll start predicting a Switch 2 when I start seeing a drop in first party production.  This year has a new Zelda and a new Mario, and we're about to get a 40-minute Nintendo Direct.  All of this content is a sign that a successor is not coming soon.  On top of that Nintendo just posted their best first quarter in the entire history of ever.  It would be moronic business to replace the Switch right now.  All signs point to a Switch 2 coming later rather than sooner.