By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple iPhone 15 Pro Will Have Console Games (RE4R, RE Village, Assassin's Creed, DS)

Soundwave said:
zeldaring said:

Thats a dumb comparison dvd's or blue rays don't have a fan base and make things people actually love lol. look at iphone do people need a iphone's every year they it sells gang busters every year. if you love gaming home consoles are still gonna give you the best hardware at the best price. besides people need the phones to many tasks and you're gonna kill it much faster by gaming on it replace your consoles is just stupid.

When you buy these games though it's not like you're just buying an "iPhone version". 

That game probably will run on say ... an Apple TV. An iPad. Even an Apple Vision Pro VR headset. 

So why buy a Playstation version that's just ... stuck on the Playstation, when the Apple version lets play the game at home at high fidelity (M-series chips are no joke, wait till the better ones get into more iPads and Apple TV devices) and then also have the same game in your pocket to play right where you left off for a 20-30 minutes on your bus ride to work. 

Now that's interesting I think. An M2 Max is a PS5 tier chip already, if people want to split hairs on that, then M3 Max will certainly be and then some. 

And yes, Apple has convinced people that they need to get the new iPhone every year ... which is dangerous. It means people are continually getting a more and more powerful device in their phone every year and doing so gladly. The performance of their game ecosystem in that case will jump every year. Every year more and more games will become playable on the thing because the SoC is getting better and better. 

so i'm gonna go spend 2000$ for a gaming device that can't even compete with ps5 which is like 450$ right now lol. then i also have to buy controller another 60$ and gonna be pain in the ass to actually play on my 50 inch screen the idea of this killing consoles is just stupid to me lol.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

When you buy these games though it's not like you're just buying an "iPhone version". 

That game probably will run on say ... an Apple TV. An iPad. Even an Apple Vision Pro VR headset. 

So why buy a Playstation version that's just ... stuck on the Playstation, when the Apple version lets play the game at home at high fidelity (M-series chips are no joke, wait till the better ones get into more iPads and Apple TV devices) and then also have the same game in your pocket to play right where you left off for a 20-30 minutes on your bus ride to work. 

Now that's interesting I think. An M2 Max is a PS5 tier chip already, if people want to split hairs on that, then M3 Max will certainly be and then some. 

And yes, Apple has convinced people that they need to get the new iPhone every year ... which is dangerous. It means people are continually getting a more and more powerful device in their phone every year and doing so gladly. The performance of their game ecosystem in that case will jump every year. Every year more and more games will become playable on the thing because the SoC is getting better and better. 

so i'm gonna go spend 2000$ for a gaming device that can't even compete with ps5 which is like 450$ right now lol. then i also have to buy controller another 60$ and gonna be pain in the ass to actually play on my 50 inch screen the idea of this killing consoles is just stupid to me lol.

It'll probably be more like one iPad for home play (at higher performance) with an M-processor inside of it (like a M3 Max) and then you'll have your iPhone which people just have any way. And an iPad does a lot a more than a Playstation can because you can use it as (well) a tablet and all that comes with that. 

This might actually be more of a play for Apple to boost iPad sales which have been declining since people don't feel they need to upgrade it as often ... well if you have iPads with kick ass gaming capability ... all of the sudden it's like "maybe I do need to replace my ancient iPad mini 4 from 2014". This could give the iPad line a jolt for sure. 

If they start putting those M-chips into cheaper Apple TVs ... it basically turns those into a microconsole ... that's gonna be a problem too, lol. 

The amount of hardware Apple moves per quarter is fucking absurd too. I just looked this up ... in Q4 of 2021 they shipped 84.1 million. Sweet mother of goodness. That means in one week they shipped more than what the PS4 or PS5 will in a really good maybe even peak year. That is just crazy shit. Even in a "low" quarter they ship like 45 million iPhones. 

If future iPhones can all play "real" games ... that's going to be ... interesting.

Last edited by Soundwave - on 12 September 2023

Now people want a trillion-dollar company to buy Disney? WTF is wrong with you people? Do you want everything to get worse?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Now people want a trillion-dollar company to buy Disney? WTF is wrong with you people? Do you want everything to get worse?

That's been out there for a while, it's all over investment sites and CNBC ... tons of speculation that Apple will buy Disney. Apple and Disney have a lot of ties (Steve Jobs was involved with Pixar early on and was involved with Disney too). 

Would I "want it"? Probably not. Would it be a great investment for Apple at about 85 dollars a share? Definitely. 

Soundwave said:
zeldaring said:

It'll probably be more like one iPad for home play (at higher performance) with an M-processor inside of it (like a M3 Max) and then you'll have your iPhone which people just have any way. And an iPad does a lot a more than a Playstation can because you can use it as (well) a tablet and all that comes with that. 

This might actually be more of a play for Apple to boost iPad sales which have been declining since people don't feel they need to upgrade it as often ... well if you have iPads with kick ass gaming capability ... all of the sudden it's like "maybe I do need to replace my ancient iPad mini 4 from 2014". This could give the iPad line a jolt for sure. 

If they start putting those M-chips into cheaper Apple TVs ... it basically turns those into a microconsole ... that's gonna be a problem too, lol. 

The amount of hardware Apple moves per quarter is fucking absurd too. I just looked this up ... in Q4 of 2021 they shipped 84.1 million. Sweet mother of goodness. That means in one week they shipped more than what the PS4 or PS5 will in a really good maybe even peak year. That is just crazy shit. Even in a "low" quarter they ship like 45 million iPhones. 

If future iPhones can all play "real" games ... that's going to be ... interesting.

Well its like comparing apples to oranges. people buy consoles for gaming and its affordable.  No one thinks of gaming device and thinks 2000$ tablet when you can just buy a 300$-500$ tablet that does the same damn thing lol but ok, but everyone has opinion i guess. besides ps5 came out in 2023 is gonna be at 50 million be the end of the year so its popularity and word of mouth is gonna keep going. 

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

If Apple is taking gaming seriously now, I wouldn't be surprised if this starts happening within the next few years. 

I'll probably be out of gaming if they !take it seriously" and just start buying out studios/games to make exclusive to their hardware/OS. It was bad enough when EG showed up and started pulling that, but Apple doing that would just make it worse imo.

I mean, remember when Google tried to throw their hat into the ring?. They bought out some exclusivity here and there, and then things fell flat sometime afterwards. 

And I know Apple, they like to flaunt their kit, so chances would be high that they would just buyout studios and games to lock down to just their hw/OS, and we really don't need a 4th player in the industry, especially in the PC space. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

Well its like comparing apples to oranges. people buy consoles for gaming and its affordable.  No one thinks of gaming device and thinks 2000$ tablet when you can just buy a 300$-500$ tablet that does the same damn thing lol but ok, but everyone has opinion i guess. besides ps5 came out in 2023 is gonna be at 50 million be the end of the year so its popularity and word of mouth is gonna keep going. 

Not all iPads are like $2000. 

There will be like $700, $800 iPads with probably impressive gaming capability ... and that iPad does a lot more and probably can be enjoyed by other members of your household and used on vacations, used at school, and just casually around  the house too ... the Playstation is just a dead brick under the TV when not playing games. 

iPad even with "lowering sales" sells like 50 million a year. That's higher than any game console ever by a country mile. Then you have iPhone which is just an absurd 230+ million a year ... lol. 

Chazore said:
gtotheunit91 said:

If Apple is taking gaming seriously now, I wouldn't be surprised if this starts happening within the next few years. 

I'll probably be out of gaming if they !take it seriously" and just start buying out studios/games to make exclusive to their hardware/OS. It was bad enough when EG showed up and started pulling that, but Apple doing that would just make it worse imo.

I mean, remember when Google tried to throw their hat into the ring?. They bought out some exclusivity here and there, and then things fell flat sometime afterwards. 

And I know Apple, they like to flaunt their kit, so chances would be high that they would just buyout studios and games to lock down to just their hw/OS, and we really don't need a 4th player in the industry, especially in the PC space. 

So far, it doesn't seem like Apple is making the same mistakes that Google did. Google created an entirely new ecosystem and invested heavily into cloud streaming only tech that required a monthly subscription, on top of still having to purchase each individual game. 

Apple on the other hand is just adding these games into their app store and have them play natively on the device. Adding them into an already established ecosystem of billions of users......so they may be in this for the long haul if they're making all the right moves. As much as it pains us at the prospect. 

Soundwave said:
zeldaring said:

There will be like $700, $800 iPads with probably impressive gaming capability ... and that iPad does a lot more and probably can be enjoyed by other members of your household and used on vacations, used at school, and just casually around  the house too ... the Playstation is just a dead brick under the TV when not playing games. 

iPad even with "lowering sales" sells like 50 million a year. That's higher than any game console ever by a country mile. Then you have iPhone which is just an absurd 230+ million a year ... lol. 

Honestly this theory was supposed to be why handhelds died lol and it actually made sense but a home console is a premium experience, and thats the main point. ps5 is brick under the tv should there all the time cause its a gaming device for the tv thats its job. a ipad matching in ps5 specs for gaming is like 3k lol.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 12 September 2023

zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

Honestly this theory was supposed to be why handhelds died lol and it actually made sense but a home console is a premium experience, and thats the main point ps5 is brick under the tv shuld there all the time and the main point. a ipad matching in ps5 specs for gaming is like 3k lol.

iPad and Macbook and potentially AppleTV will have M-series chips that match/exceed a Playstation 5 though down the line. That's what some people are not getting. I mean they already do but those processors are not all available on all their devices. 

It's not just about an iPhone version.

You'll buy the version on the Apple store sure ... and then it will work on all these devices because Apple hardware family is all related. It's like if you buy a game for PC it works on your PC and Steam Deck, right? 

But imagine you can get the high fidelity by using an iPad dock at home and then continue playing the game on the go right on your iPhone ... that's going to be fascinating to see how consumers react to that.