By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple iPhone 15 Pro Will Have Console Games (RE4R, RE Village, Assassin's Creed, DS)

zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

They can care all they want, a magic chip isn't going to manifest itself out of thin air for them. 

There is no chip that much better than an Apple A9X in that time period, which the Tegra X1 in the same class as. If there was Apple would have been using it. Sony is a dinky little company compared to Apple (100 billion market cap vs. 2.74 trillion ... meaning Apple is 27 times the market cap of Sony), they don't get chip tech that no one else does. 

If there was a Vita 2/PSP3 that was aiming to launch for holiday 2016 it would've been basically what the Switch is hardware wise. 

we'll agree to disagree. Sony and nintendo have a different philosophy when it comes to investing in powerful console one is priority where they are welling to lose money the other is about being profitable from day one and this will be proven again when it's a samsung 8nm.

Are you claiming Sony has access to magic?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
zeldaring said:

we'll agree to disagree. Sony and nintendo have a different philosophy when it comes to investing in powerful console one is priority where they are welling to lose money the other is about being profitable from day one and this will be proven again when it's a samsung 8nm.

Not magic. is ps5 matching X1 magic? sony  cares about making powerful hardware, they would have invested in a better cooling solution, customizing the chip or even a powerful cooling stock station, does that sound like magic to you? another obvious point is sony would have a pro model a long by the end of 2020 or early 2021 it's like comparing Ferrari to honda. 

LurkerJ said:

I'd try a base M3 Mac mini with 16 gb of RAM (?$799) when it releases on the standard 2 week trial period Apple gives you. I did this with the Mac mini M1 paired with LG Ergo display and I was sold on the experience, I still returned it and got a MacBook after but wanted a "taste" before switching. Universal Control and Sidecar are good to try on the Mac if you have an iPad. 

Ahh nice, didn't know they had trial periods.

Final Cut Pro adds CAD 399, but perhaps it's worth it. It has a trial as well and import for M2TS files. I'm tired of video editing software crashing on my laptop or hanging while trying to edit. One day it works, then there's an update and it doesn't work anymore.

Apple is pretty bad with pricing though, CAD 500 for 16GB ram extra, ouch. However their stuff retains its value over time.

Plenty time to decide (and save up), just not going to buy another Windows laptop. It was due replacement last year but I held off for NVidea to come to their senses.

zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

Not magic. is ps5 matching X1 magic? sony  cares about making powerful hardware, they would have invested in a better cooling solution, customizing the chip or even a powerful cooling stock station, does that sound like magic to you? another obvious point is sony would have a pro model a long by the end of 2020 or early 2021 it's like comparing Ferrari to honda. 

You are using the dumbest logic possible, “Sony likes powerful hardware and Nintendo has released weak hardware in the past therefore a Sony handheld in 2017 would be much more powerful than Switch!”

Like that’s literally child-level logic and not at all how the world works. Switch was high end mobile tech upon release, Sony couldn’t make something significantly more powerful for a similar price just because “they like powerful hardware”.

Using that logic PS4 should have used a new media format since PS1 had CD, PS2 had DVD & PS3 had Blu-Ray or Wii should have been more powerful than PS3 because N64 was more powerful than PS1 & GC was more powerful than PS2. It’s almost like past trends don’t always predict the future!

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
zeldaring said:

You are using the dumbest logic possible, “Sony likes powerful hardware and Nintendo has released weak hardware in the past therefore a Sony handheld in 2017 would be much more powerful than Switch!”

Like that’s literally child-level logic and not at all how the world works. Switch was high end mobile tech upon release, Sony couldn’t make something significantly more powerful for a similar price just because “they like powerful hardware”.

Using that logic PS4 should have used a new media format since PS1 had CD, PS2 had DVD & PS3 had Blu-Ray or Wii should have been more powerful than PS3 because N64 was more powerful than PS1 & GC was more powerful than PS2. It’s almost like past trends don’t always predict the future!

It's not dumb logic. its common sense. sony loses money on hardware, nintendo makes profit Day one how is that logic hard to understand unless you are 5. if you are willing to lose money and invest more money you can make more powerful hardware it's not rocket science. nintendo took a tegra x and down clocked it, no customization, it was just straight forward. you think if sony lost 100$ on  handheld vs nintendo making 50$ you think they would be the same hardware? sony would be embarrassed to release weak hardware like the wii, wiiu and switch.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
zeldaring said:

Pretty obvious this person is a child, so I wouldn't lose much sleep over it. 

Soundwave said:
zorg1000 said:

LMAO look who is talking. Better a child then a delusional child. well you know its just the half the frame rate, lower resolution, much lower setting but it's on par.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 22 September 2023

zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

LMAO look who is talking. Better a child then a delusional child. well you know its just the half the frame rate, lower resolution, much lower setting but it's on par.

Are you mixing up your alts again? lol. Next time at least make the effort to log out and log in with your other account. 

Soundwave said:
zeldaring said:

Are you mixing up your alts again? lol. Next time at least make the effort to log out and log in with your other account. 

You must be must be as dumb as you sound if you think chkeller is my alt account. anyone with 5 minutes of research could easily tell we are not the same posters.

zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

You must be must be as dumb as you sound if you think chkeller is my alt account. anyone with 5 minutes of research could easily tell we are not the same posters.