By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple iPhone 15 Pro Will Have Console Games (RE4R, RE Village, Assassin's Creed, DS)

Assassin's Creed Mirage will be the first AAA console game which will launch day and date on consoles ... and iPhone. Yes, iPhone. Resident Evil 4 Remake and RE Village. Separately they also announced hardware level support for ray-tracing. 

Apple has made massive performance gains these last few years, their M1/M2 Macbooks can basically emulate PC titles and you're going to like see a shit ton of PC games on M-series Macs and iPads in the near future with a new game porting tool they've made. 

But iPhone is getting in on the act too with its new iPhone 15 Pro. 

This could have significant implications for the industry. 

On one hand it could be more competition for Nintendo, especially iPad in the future is probably going to be able to have some crazy games.

But this could also be good for Nintendo ... if AAA publishers are looking to make an iPhone/iPad version, a Switch 2 version is basically going to be a lock. Maybe say hello to Grand Theft Auto 6. You can ignore 100 million Switch owners, but can you ignore hundreds of millions of Apple iPhone users too? And it could keep Nintendo on their toes, maybe push them to make a Switch 2 Pro an actual reality this product cycle. You have to consider iPhones will get better in performance every year. 

EDIT: Death Stranding is coming as well. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 12 September 2023

Around the Network

Seems like you have dream of having powerful Nintendo hardware after 20years of suffering lol. well hopefully switch 2 delivers your dream.

zeldaring said:

Seems like you have dream of having powerful Nintendo hardware after 20years of suffering lol. well hopefully switch 2 delivers your dream.

Switch 1 was already a powerful hybrid console for 2017, so you kinda missed the bus on that one I guess. 

If console games start becoming standard for iPhone (and probably Android then too) ... it's a pretty significant industry event. 

I've said it before, watch what Apple is doing with their custom silicon ... it's going to surprise people in the coming years. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 12 September 2023

RIP Nintendo from the rumors, it sounds like Switch 2 will be an incredibly powerful handheld that would make gamers actually want to buy AAA third-party games on the system, only for Apple to come out and do it before them. If Apple is able to get a steady stream of AAA games, I wonder if they'll start their marketing for iPhone as "the only gaming handheld you'll need" or something like that.

Doesn't affect me at all since I always buy Nintendo systems just for Nintendo games, but I bet Nintendo isn't digging this announcement at all.

What Apple does need to add though is external storage solutions. Cheapest iPhone 15 Pro is $1000 and only 128GB. You're not gonna be installing many games with storage like that on your everyday device lol.

gtotheunit91 said:

RIP Nintendo from the rumors, it sounds like Switch 2 will be an incredibly powerful handheld that would make gamers actually want to buy AAA third-party games on the system, only for Apple to come out and do it before them. If Apple is able to get a steady stream of AAA games, I wonder if they'll start their marketing for iPhone as "the only gaming handheld you'll need" or something like that.

Doesn't affect me at all since I always buy Nintendo systems just for Nintendo games, but I bet Nintendo isn't digging this announcement at all.

I think it could help Nintendo is some ways, I think it's going to make all big 3rd party releases basically available to everything and that helps Nintendo because only they have their IPs. 

It could even pose problems for Sony/MS ... if people start to get used to having AAA console games on their iPhone or iPad as the years go on ... why even bother with a home console if they can just play a "good enough" version of the game through their phone and have it with them everywhere? 

Remember Netflix is not better quality than Blu-Ray native discs, nor are MP3s as high quality as optical disc format ... but once it was "good enough" to a lot of people, they just didn't care anymore. 

Around the Network

The Switch was powerful? Ha Ha Ha, your heard it here first folks.

Random_Matt said:

For a mobile console that was probably supposed to release in November 2016 yes, absolutely. 

If Sony had released a PSP3/Vita 2 in the same time frame, they wouldn't have been able to get anything much better tech wise than what the Switch had. 

Switch was running some real actual PS4 console games, and not just little 2D games, we're talking like big PS4 showcase games like Witcher 3 and DOOM Eternal. Sure the fidelity wasn't as high, but it was still the same game basically. 

Imagine a Nintendo DS or Sony PSP in 2007 running Call of Duty from the XBox 360 at any reasonable fidelity ... people's heads would've exploded. 

And WonderSwan got console ports of Final Fantasy in 1998. Didn't make the Game Boy go away. Android with Stadia got Doom and AC. Didn't really matter. It's a bragging point but doesn't really matter. They bragged about iPad playing Xbox One games like 7 years ago. Big fucking whoop. Switch is still a better gaming machine and so will Switch2. Physical games and Nintendo games. A lot of good Japanese supports and indie support. Games I get to own. Oh and the best part. No Apple trash in my home.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Soundwave said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I think it could help Nintendo is some ways, I think it's going to make all big 3rd party releases basically available to everything and that helps Nintendo because only they have their IPs. 

It could even pose problems for Sony/MS ... if people start to get used to having AAA console games on their iPhone or iPad as the years go on ... why even bother with a home console if they can just play a "good enough" version of the game through their phone and have it with them everywhere? 

Remember Netflix is not better quality than Blu-Ray native discs, nor are MP3s as high quality as optical disc format ... but once it was "good enough" to a lot of people, they just didn't care anymore. 

That's a good point, but even Nintendo can't always rely exclusively on their IPs. Just see the history of the GameCube and especially the Wii U. 

It really can affect the big 3. From the perspective that you mentioned of "why even bother with a home console?" but affecting Nintendo of "why even bother buying a dedicated handheld device when I can play console games on the handheld I use everyday?" 

Soundwave said:
Random_Matt said:

For a mobile console that was probably supposed to release in November 2016 yes, absolutely. 

If Sony had released a PSP3/Vita 2 in the same time frame, they wouldn't have been able to get anything much better tech wise than what the Switch had. 

sony actually loses money on hardware so believe it would have had a way more advanced chip if they made a handheld. Nintendo made profit from day one. just look at history nintendo handhelds are way behind sony when it comes to power. they stopped caring about power since gamecube.