By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamescom 2023 Opening Night Live

This was maybe the worst ONL I've seen. Wouldn't surprise me if the Future Games Show tomorrow is better.

Around the Network
Qwark said:
the-pi-guy said:

Microsoft had a decent showing with Ara, Age of Empires, Starfield, Gamepass and some small things.

Surprised that SIE was completely absent.

Overall the show was okay, dragged in some spots like CoD.

SIE has skipped Gamescom before. I also think they really have anything really worth showing, that they couldn't announce via a SOP at the moment. So why would they be there, to show even more of SM2? Much better to show updates on your games when the rest of the industry isn't fighting for the same attention.

Like I said above, SIE has a history of putting some small thing in some of these shows to spread out announcements. 

Like last year they had the DualSense Edge, and technically some Destiny stuff. 

I'm not surprised they didn't have much to show, but surprised there was absolutely no mention of SIE.  

Awesome show! Loved that piano performance at the start. You can't get those on all these state of plays and directs. This format is so much better, reminds me of old E3 shows.

I really commend MS for at least trying to contribute to these game shows. Absolutely hate that Sony is absent at all of these events.

I get the argument for not wanting to fight for attention but I would argue that the games industry as a whole can make a bigger splash than any individual company.

I would think that its healthy for our industry to have fan events like gamescom, E3 etc.... keeps the discussions and excitement going. Excitement and hype use to be such a big part of enjoying gaming.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I actually thought it was a good show, they definitely tempered expectations with this one. So we already knew there wasn't gong to be much new game reveals.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

It wasn’t that bad considering they already said it was to focus on games that were already announced and there would be no megatons.

If I had to guess, a mild Gamescom will probably lead to a decent Game Awards as far as announcements go. 

So Delta Force looks more like Battlefield than the old NovaLogic Delta Force. Damn, I wanted it to be something more grounded and less wacky...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

So with no appearance in a year on any Sony SoP or Gamescon. Their twitter went silent. Stellar Blade is just vaporware I take it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!