By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Deus Ex (2000) still the best game ever

I just completed the PS2 version of Deus Ex on PCSX2. The only game that comes close in RPG elements is Alpha Protocol, na mean.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

For some reason, I never got around to finishing it, but I did really like it when I played it many, many years ago. Reminds me (again) that I should get back to it at some point so I can actually finish it... but there are other games I should probably finish first.

Anyway, why would you play the PS2 version... on PC? There's a native PC version, which costs less than 1 € at the moment.

Last edited by Zkuq - on 30 July 2023

It's easily up there for sure, the Revision is worth a spin as well. The game and story remains the same, it just tightens a few screws. What Deus Ex did with storytelling, narrative branching, and gameplay elements was revolutionary and it's one of the most important games ever released for that alone. Some of the folks who worked on it were also a part of the development of games like Wolfenstein 3D and Doom I and II. Legends, all of them.

Zkuq said:

Anyway, why would you play the PS2 version... on PC? There's a native PC version, which costs less than 1 € at the moment.

I have played the PC version of course, but the PS2 version is my fav because of the controls and interface.

Fun fact: not long ago a mod was released that changes JC to a female version, with full dialogue lines:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-lay-d-denton-project

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:
Zkuq said:

I have played the PC version of course, but the PS2 version is my fav because of the controls and interface.

I see. I looked it up, and it seems like the PS2 version is quite interesting in many ways.

Around the Network

My only problem with it was the way the game pushes back at you if you decide to choose heavy weapons. but at least it doesn't handicap you the way Dishonoured did if you decided not to take the stealth route.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

In Deus Ex you get so many skill points you can upgrade almost everything, towards the end of the game I always have most skills at 75% or higher.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Haven’t played the first one. Came here to say the sequel remaster on the Wii U is the best game ever made. Talk about controls and interface.