By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Croc: Legend of the Gobbos is getting an HD Remaster

Forgot how janky loading between areas was back then.

They will need to modernise the controls and the texture warping.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

LET'S GO!!!!! AND Argonaut Games is officially back! Welcome back my childhood

G2ThaUNiT said:

LET'S GO!!!!! AND Argonaut Games is officially back! Welcome back my childhood

Gaming is back.

I fucking loved this game as a kid, it was the first PS1 game I ever played and was such an iconic part of my childhood.

I'm usually not a big fan of remasters of old shit, but in this case I may grab it as my old discs are getting worn out and the controls haven't aged well.

Hopefully its a faithful remaster and looks/run well on Switch.

The GOAT has returned (well, now that it has modern controls).

Around the Network

I really appreciate how faithful they're keeping it to the original. One thing remasters/remakes have a tendency to do is take away the charm of the original. Argonaut seems to be keeping it the same game, just modernized in textures and controls. It'll look and play the way I remember thinking it did lol.

Yeah I love the way the new visuals retain the quirky, slightly goofy style of the original which is so classically 90s.

Looks like I will finally have chance to get a Croc game. I've been interested in them since I learned of them, but I never got the chance. Or I could just get the originals, but only the first one seems cheap, and why get it if there's going to be a remaster?

A "crocumentary" and daily updates?! Resurrected Argonaut is really going all out for this remaster lol. Hopefully one of the daily announcements include the release date!

We already knew modern controls would be implemented, but for the maniacs out there, tank controls will still be present lol. A full minute of gameplay!