By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 27, 2023 (Jun 26 - Jul 02)

If even FFVII Ever Crisis doesn't come on Switch, that really shows that Square really doesn't want FF on Nintendo platforms lol. I mean it's a mobile game, it fits the power of Switch.

Last edited by -Adonis- - on 09 July 2023

Around the Network
-Adonis- said:

If even FFVII Ever Crisis doesn't come on Switch, that really shows that Square really doesn't want FF on Nintendo platforms lol.

At this point FF7 Remake Part I should at least come to Switch 2, but sure. 

FF7: Ever Crisis ... I'd much rather play that on the current Switch with physical controls and buttons than on a smartphone, but of course Square-Enix has a stick up their ass about doing that for whatever reason. 

Soundwave said:
-Adonis- said:

If even FFVII Ever Crisis doesn't come on Switch, that really shows that Square really doesn't want FF on Nintendo platforms lol.

FF7: Ever Crisis ... I'd much rather play that on the current Switch with physical controls and buttons than on a smartphone, but of course Square-Enix has a stick up their ass about doing that for whatever reason. 

I can see Part. 1 of the Remake on Switch 2. I mean it's a PS4 game and it will be 4 years old game at least in 2024 so I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think they will plan a Xbox release because FF players are not on that platform.

Like I said for FFXVI and Rebirth, it will have to be on Switch 3 at least.

-Adonis- said:
Soundwave said:

I can see Part. 1 of the Remake on Switch 2. I mean it's a PS4 game and it will be 4 years old game at least in 2024 so I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think they will plan a Xbox release because FF players are not on that platform.

Depends on the specs of the Switch 2, but I don't see anything that amazing in FF16 or Rebirth that leads me to believe they couldn't be ported. It may take some effort, like Witcher 3 did on Switch 1, but I'll be honest I don't think FF16 looks that much better than FF7 Remake Part 1. 

I think Square-Enix is hitting up against the roof of what they can deliver without the budget/dev team size having to balloon to a level that just isn't feasible. FF7 Remake Part 1 I think it in a lot of ways near that roof. To make a game that looks a full generation ahead of FF7 Remake Part 1, it would probably require a budget Square-Enix can't afford (or doesn't want to spend) and would also require a dev cycle of like 5-6+ years. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 09 July 2023

Soundwave said:
-Adonis- said:

Depends on the specs of the Switch 2, but I don't see anything that amazing in FF16 or Rebirth that leads me to believe they couldn't be ported. It may take some effort, like Witcher 3 did on Switch 1, but I'll be honest I don't think FF16 looks that much better than FF7 Remake Part 1. 

Ah yes you really want a butchered version of these games. 

Around the Network
-Adonis- said:
Soundwave said:

I actually played Witcher 3 on Switch, it's not butchered, it's still a great game. Same for Doom 2016, Doom Eternal, Nier Automata, It Takes Two, Hellblade, the list goes on. High end graphics aren't the be-all end-all, and many folks, including most of Japan, value portability over fidelity.

-Adonis- said:
Soundwave said:

DLSS can be a game changer for ports like that though, the reason why Witcher 3 looks poor on the Switch is because the base resolution is so low. If the Switch had DLSS though that would completely change ports like that because you can go as low as 360p (even lower really) and get a fairly acceptable image quality using the AI upscaling that DLSS provides to make it look like an image that is much higher resolution. Whereas on Switch 1 you're just stuck with a low resolution image. 

But honestly I don't think FF16 looks *that* great anyway, it looks moderately better than FF7 Remake at best, it's not like a "oh wow! this is clearly a huge generational leap!" kind of thing to begin with. 

curl-6 said:
-Adonis- said:

I actually played Witcher 3 on Switch, it's not butchered

-Adonis- said:
curl-6 said:

I actually played Witcher 3 on Switch, it's not butchered

Wow, what a mature response. Bet you've never played it.

curl-6 said:
-Adonis- said:

Wow, what a mature response. Bet you've never played it.

I didn't play it but I saw my friend playing it. It was awful. Really awful. And not only the image quality but also the fps.

As a PC player I begin to think I should stop going to famitsu's threads because some of you really have ultra low standard.