By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 15, 2023 (Apr 03 - Apr 09)

Just noticed Human: Fall Flat in the top 30 and with LTD sales of 337k - what a great result for that game in Japan.

Around the Network

PS5 is like 30 weeks ahead of last years numbers. Any predictions for how lone it will take to top last years total?

I will say week 22.

Honestly confused at the disparity between PS5 hardware and software sales. I get that it's still a smallish overall user base, but you'd think software sales would be a little higher with the hardware picking up, and I think the charts say the DE (digital edition I presume) is selling less than the normal PS5. So, people want to shove disks in their PS5. Just feels like a couple more games should be able to crack the top 30 since that only takes like 1500.

JWeinCom said:

Honestly confused at the disparity between PS5 hardware and software sales. I get that it's still a smallish overall user base, but you'd think software sales would be a little higher with the hardware picking up, and I think the charts say the DE (digital edition I presume) is selling less than the normal PS5. So, people want to shove disks in their PS5. Just feels like a couple more games should be able to crack the top 30 since that only takes like 1500.

I have purchased one game physical and all others digital for PS5 this Gen.  I am more likely to buy a game physically for Switch due to the internal storage and not wanting to keep up with digital downloads on multiple SD cards.    It is simply more convenient.   It's just easier to do digital on PS5 vs Switch.   I bet most feel this way.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/371743-mega-man-battle-network-legacy-collection/80420580

As a lover of this series this news makes me happy