By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AAA TMNT action RPG in development at unnamed studio

https://www.polygon.com/23645176/tmnt-last-ronin-video-game-graphic-novel-ninja-turtles

AAA 3rd person action RPG in development at unnamed studio, based on The Last Ronin storyline and inspired by God of War (2018) and Ragnarok in terms of gameplay elements. A few years off from release. Only one of 4 turtles will be playable for story reasons from The Last Ronin storyline, with options to use the weapons of all 4 turtles.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 23 March 2023

Around the Network

Very nice, I have been wanting a AAA TMNT game for years. Hopefully they picked a good studio to develop it.

YEEEEEEEEES! That would absolutely be a dream come true!

I am pleased with the current state of affairs.

shikamaru317 said:

https://www.polygon.com/23645176/tmnt-last-ronin-video-game-graphic-novel-ninja-turtles

AAA 3rd person action RPG in development at unnamed studio, based on The Last Ronin storyline and inspired by God of War (2018) and Ragnarok in terms of gameplay elements. A few years off from release. Only one of 4 turtles will be playable for story reasons from The Last Ronin storyline, with options to use the weapons of all 4 turtles.

How is that gonna work with TMNT?

This sounds like a risky investment imo.
Could easily see this falling short of the mark.

Around the Network

I just want a Platinum TMNT game without Activision involved giving them less than a year of development. I want a proper dev cycle, budget, and Kamiya leading the charge.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I am so down for this!!!

JRPGfan said:
shikamaru317 said:

I mean, they're ninjas. How hard would it be to give them some wild moves that you can chain combos with, along with a "super move" that you can build up? It sounds awesome! Throw in a skateboard for some traversal maybe, and you got a recipe for success! Especially from the franchises most celebrated narrative.

gtotheunit91 said:
JRPGfan said:

I mean, they're ninjas. How hard would it be to give them some wild moves that you can chain combos with, along with a "super move" that you can build up? It sounds awesome! Throw in a skateboard for some traversal maybe, and you got a recipe for success! Especially from the franchises most celebrated narrative.

I can totally see that! Except in this game it'll just be the one ninja

V-r0cK said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I can totally see that! Except in this game it'll just be the one ninja

I bet the creators of the franchise will be excited to see a TMNT AAA game that harkens back to the Turtles much more darker beginnings!