By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Counter-Strike 2 official! Releasing Summer 2023

So far it's only a few videos, but my god, the mad lads at Valve actually did it!

Around the Network

Despite being over 10 years old now, CS:GO has still not been slowing down. Less than 2 weeks ago, the game had its highest all-time concurrent player count at, 1,420,183. Counter-Strike has endless longevity. This sequel is about to break ALL the Steam records!

But still no Half-Life 3

我是广州人

Ashadelo said:

But still no Half-Life 3

Valve can't count to 3

I imagine a PC only release to begin with. But wouldn't surprise me to see a console release a year or two down the road. Would be interesting to see if Counter Strike could make it big in the console space.

CSGO was released on PS3/360 but I don't believe they were particularly successful. But those consoles were practically finished by the time it came out. Might have been more popular if it was a launch title for ps4/Xbo instead.

Around the Network

The tick rate part is very interesting and if it ends up working well could be great for future competitive games.

Sub tick updates? server side thats gonna be a much bigger load and stress for the servers.

So its gonna be a free update/content for CSGO.

BasilZero said:

So its gonna be a free update/content for CSGO.

Yeah but it's causing confusion as to why the "2" is even there

gtotheunit91 said:

Yeah but it's causing confusion as to why the "2" is even there

I wonder if it has to do with anything with the Source Engine 2.

Eh, I'll still reinstall the game sometime when this comes out.

Edit: Now that I think about it...the last time I played CSGO was back in 2015 (on my 2012 rig) and my current gaming PC is from 2019 - bet it'll look great compared to then lmao.