By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How to Cope with Body Insecurity?

Hello, guys there's one thing about my body that really makes my life miserable... it's the size of my hands and fingers, which are extremely small and thin - especially for a male which makes it worse. Every time I have to go out to buy groceries, buy meds in Pharmacy, go to a Doctor or see people anywhere else I can't help but notice that even women and teens have hands much bigger than mine. This thought prevented me from trying to find friends and date with women for the longest time and I'm almost 29 now. Why have I been cursed with hands this small, this is very unusual as I'm not the shortest guy at 5'8" - 173 cm and my feet while not big are within male range of shoe sizes.

Can somebody relate, does anyone know how other people would react to meeting someone with small hands like mine?

Last edited by Radek - on 07 March 2023

Around the Network

I just stopped giving a damn about my body shape. It felt good. :)

Body insecurity is a tricky thing.

It would be easy to just say don't worry about it, but that doesn't make people feel better. That might be the answer, but it's much easier said than done. There's a reason why these things often require therapy.

I will guarantee to you that you spend more time thinking about your body, and your insecurities than anyone else will.

Most people will probably not even notice your hands in the first place. I genuinely can't remember the last time I gave a thought to the size of someone's hands. And even if I did think about someone else's hands, it would be something I would think about for a few seconds at most. "Oh neat, they have huge hands." "Oh neat they have surprisingly small hands." And then never have any thought related to those hands cross my mind ever again. 

The main person your insecurity is stopping, is yourself. Most people aren't going to care. There's probably a 1 in a million chance that some weirdo will stop being friends with you over your hand size. In that case, that person is the weirdo. Probably more likely a woman might care more, but even that feels unlikely.  

Again, the person that will care the most is yourself. It's not some unpleasant trait that other people have to worry about. It might even be a slightly preferable trait for some women. 

I would prefer my proctologist to have small hands.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

the-pi-guy said:

Body insecurity is a tricky thing.

It would be easy to just say don't worry about it, but that doesn't make people feel better. That might be the answer, but it's much easier said than done. There's a reason why these things often require therapy.

I will guarantee to you that you spend more time thinking about your body, and your insecurities than anyone else will.

Most people will probably not even notice your hands in the first place. I genuinely can't remember the last time I gave a thought to the size of someone's hands. And even if I did think about someone else's hands, it would be something I would think about for a few seconds at most. "Oh neat, they have huge hands." "Oh neat they have surprisingly small hands." And then never have any thought related to those hands cross my mind ever again. 

The main person your insecurity is stopping, is yourself. Most people aren't going to care. There's probably a 1 in a million chance that some weirdo will stop being friends with you over your hand size. In that case, that person is the weirdo. Probably more likely a woman might care more, but even that feels unlikely.  

Again, the person that will care the most is yourself. It's not some unpleasant trait that other people have to worry about. It might even be a slightly preferable trait for some women. 

Thank You. I will try, but after years of thinking about them I'm scared to meet with women especially. While I realize some people have things worse, such as missing limbs or being blind or deaf, I still can't get over my hands as if it's the biggest deal in the world. I think my palm size is OK lenght, but the fingers are definitely short and thin, very unusual for people of every race and gender.

Here's my hands compared to Nintendo Switch, I'm very scared to actually post it :c

https://ibb.co/dbBmkSG

https://ibb.co/cDhG21W

Around the Network

Your hands are fine. I can assure you. It's just a matter of accepting what you have and realizing it could be much...much worse.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

SuperRetroTurbo said:

Your hands are fine. I can assure you. It's just a matter of accepting what you have and realizing it could be much...much worse.

^This. You could have a pulsating bloody cyst on your head, but you don't. ^^

Radek said:

Thank You. I will try, but after years of thinking about them I'm scared to meet with women especially. While I realize some people have things worse, such as missing limbs or being blind or deaf, I still can't get over my hands as if it's the biggest deal in the world. I think my palm size is OK lenght, but the fingers are definitely short and thin, very unusual for people of every race and gender.

Here's my hands compared to Nintendo Switch, I'm very scared to actually post it :c

https://ibb.co/dbBmkSG

https://ibb.co/cDhG21W

They seem rather normal on pictures. However the rest of your body seems to be of the chunky variety. Remove sugar and plant oils from your diet (high calorie, low nutrients) and replace them with high proteins foods like athletes do and you will be better off long term.

Your hands aren't even noticeably small. 

numberwang said:

They seem rather normal on pictures. However the rest of your body seems to be of the chunky variety. Remove sugar and plant oils from your diet (high calorie, low nutrients) and replace them with high proteins foods like athletes do and you will be better off long term.

I would just say it's not exactly the best approach to give someone a different body insecurity; when they are complaining about one. 

Here i was thinking i had big amazing hands and they are like the same size of yours lol
There is nothing wrong with your hands dude.

You probably had a dumbfuck that joked about them one time and that stuck with you forever , it hapened to me too, its funny how these things can affect a person...