By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

I think there's a good chance the game will pop off. 

Enthusiasts and gaming journalists are still buzzing about it. It's been compared to Super Mario Galaxy, quality wise on a number of occasions. 

Around the Network

I own a vanilla Megaton Musashi physical from Japan. Put in 50 hours. Liked the game. Debated on wired. But said ok sure. Got it on sale. What am I greeted with? Fucking Epic required to sign in? Are you fucking kidding me? I have not been able to get that account to work in years but didn't care either since I don't use Epic ever. Why do devs do this shit? Yes I know to turn off PS5 wifi and it works but not the point. Was nice my Japanese save data carries over so I don't have to replay the entire game.

Btw if anyone here liked Wired. It's not that different from the Gundam games like Gundam Breaker. I'd say Breaker 3 is a much better game and 4 looks to be a return to form (NEW was terrible don't play it) So if you liked Wired look into Gundam Breaker 3/4 and maybe Battle Alliance.

Last edited by Leynos - on 06 July 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Haven’t heard a bad word about Astro Bot, Asobi bout to get their second 90/+ meta game ;)

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 06 July 2024

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

Haven’t heard a bad word about Astro Bot, Asobi bout to get their second 90/+ meta game ;)

Could they beat FFVII Rebirth for the GOTY ?

-Adonis- said:
VersusEvil said:

I hope so. It’d be much more exciting to see a platformer (from Sony) win GotY. Easily the most original and fun-looking PS title of the generation imo.

Around the Network

Not exactly original when it's just more of a free game that launched with the system. It was good tho don't get me wrong. SB is literally the most original game Sony launched this gen. Nothing like it on the market. It's not like any one game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Not exactly original when it's just more of a free game that launched with the system. It was good tho don't get me wrong. SB is literally the most original game Sony launched this gen. Nothing like it on the market. It's not like any one game.

In other terms, I’m just excited to finally be playing a Sony platformer again lol. R&C is the only thing we’ve gotten in the past five years. It’ll be a platformer brimming with charm and creativity.

-Adonis- said:
VersusEvil said:

Awards-wise? Not a chance.

It can be Sony's new Little Big Planet tho, big scores and good sales.

I'm really excited for it, but if Mario never wins the GOTY Astro has no chance as well.

BraLoD said:
-Adonis- said:

Awards-wise? Not a chance.

It can be Sony's new Little Big Planet tho, big scores and good sales.

I'm really excited for it, but if Mario never wins the GOTY Astro has no chance as well.

Honestly, that would be incredibly funny.

On another note: China Joy is this year, and I imagine we'll get an update on China Hero Project from Sony.

I'll admit, I was pretty confident that Lost Souls Aside and Convollaria were releasing this year. But with the unexpected announcements of Astro Bot and Lego Horizon for this year, Wukong being an unexpected timed-exclusive, and Exotinction (another Chin Hero Project title) releasing exclusively on PS4/ PS5 in September, I have my doubts that LSA an Con can find any breathing space.

Seems like early 2025 would be a good place for both of them, with MLB being Sony's first trio of games before May. 

Sly Cooper charting on the PlayStation Store for June is incredible.

I'm honestly shocked about the overall success of PlayStation's back catalog this generation. PlayStation 3 ports are going to eat lol.