By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| We have Stellar Helldiving Bots

BasilZero said:
PotentHerbs said:

Am I the only one who is more hyped for Lego Horizon than Astro Bot lol? I'm glad Guerrilla Games is pushing new genres with this upcoming Lego collaboration.

Outside of Astro Bot, Horizon is an IP that can be expanded into different games, such as the rumored MMO from NCSoft, or the upcoming multiplayer project, that has potential to actually sell well, on top of having lots of potential as a multimedia project.

I think AstroBot has the potential to expand into other genres as well - moreso easier than Horizon.

For an example, I can see a turn based or action RPG from Astro Bot moreso than Horizon or even a racing game.

Speaking of which, they could easily do a Mario Kart like clone (that is proper than LBP Karting) especially since Astro Bot is more of a fanservice IP that celebrates Playstation, it'll make sense to expand Astro Bot into a Mario Kart clone (with their own features).

Astro makes a lot of sense to branch out. Quality would be important though and Sumo Digital are the only I see being viable enough for a kart racer. 

That said, I actually hope that Team Asobi is working on a brand new Ape Escape (which itself could include references to other Sony IP). I think it would offer them a nice alternative (IP, theme, gameplay) from Astro while they do pre-production on a new one. 

Around the Network

Just finished up the plat for Rise of the Rōnin and what a trip. When this released on the same day as one of the most anticipated sequels of all time (Dragons Dogma 2) I thought they were mad and well … completely skipped the game. RotR is just a non stop trip. Yes it looks very outdated and yes, its flip flopping faction storyline makes for one of the most confusing storylines ever but the gameplay makes up for it 10x over. The combat really made this game, Nioh’s speed with Sekiro’s emphasis on parry and critical combined with more weapons and combat styles that I can even remember made for just perfection. Throw in a decent loop of constantly rewarding gameplay and RotR made for one of the best games in its genre/setting.

8/10, give me a Time Machine so I can go back and choose this over the most disappointing sequel I’ve played in the last decade. Don’t sleep on the Rōnin people.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

BasilZero said:

I think AstroBot has the potential to expand into other genres as well - moreso easier than Horizon.

For an example, I can see a turn based or action RPG from Astro Bot moreso than Horizon or even a racing game.

Speaking of which, they could easily do a Mario Kart like clone (that is proper than LBP Karting) especially since Astro Bot is more of a fanservice IP that celebrates Playstation, it'll make sense to expand Astro Bot into a Mario Kart clone (with their own features).

Oh I definitely agree.

Astro Bot is positioned to be one of Sony's most flexible franchises, but I think Horizon is more interesting in terms of what they can do narratively. 

twintail said:

Astro makes a lot of sense to branch out. Quality would be important though and Sumo Digital are the only I see being viable enough for a kart racer. 

That said, I actually hope that Team Asobi is working on a brand new Ape Escape (which itself could include references to other Sony IP). I think it would offer them a nice alternative (IP, theme, gameplay) from Astro while they do pre-production on a new one. 

It's definitely interesting that there was an ape amongst all those bots in the reveal trailer. Maybe that is what Asobi is cooking up next! 

I'm just over 5H in for Alan Wake 2.

This is so far one of my favorite sequels ever. The jump from the original is tremendous even considering the length of time it took for a second entry. The slow and methodical pace, complimented by the writers room mechanic, and weighty combat fits together seamlessly. The atmosphere and tension makes exploration a thrill, and despite sparse combat encounters, the darkness swallowing the environment will always keep you on edge. There were a few technical issues I had with the save menu, but aside from that, enemy variety is the only other nitpick I have.

Its definitely giving SpiderMan 2 a run for its money for my personal GoTY last year lol!

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

This is so far one of my favorite sequels ever. The jump from the original is tremendous even considering the length of time it took for a second entry. The slow and methodical pace, complimented by the writers room mechanic, and weighty combat fits together seamlessly. The atmosphere and tension makes exploration a thrill, and despite sparse combat encounters, the darkness swallowing the environment will always keep you on edge. There were a few technical issues I had with the save menu, but aside from that, enemy variety is the only other nitpick I have.

Its definitely giving SpiderMan 2 a run for its money for my personal GoTY last year lol!

Hell yeah!  Although a few surprises are sprinkled in along the way, I predict enemy variety will be a sticking nitpick for you.  More in the sense like you'll think "eh... could've incorporated another cool variant or two," so nothing dramatic. 

But you're going to love the way Remedy plays with environments and 4th-wall breaking moments during several future combat scenarios too.

Last edited by coolbeans - 2 days ago

PotentHerbs said:

Alan Wake 2 was easily my game of the year last year and my favorite game in the last several years. I've already bought and played through the first DLC. For anyone that knows me, I almost never bother with DLC for games as by the time they come out I have no desire to go back to those games.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

I'm excited for Concord previews today. Looking forward to more footage.

Hi guys which playstation franchise do you think should come back? The franchise I would like to see come back would be the Killzone franchise to see what has happened to the Helghast!

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

Hi guys which playstation franchise do you think should come back? The franchise I would like to see come back would be the Killzone franchise to see what has happened to the Helghast!

The official lore states that over 50% of the population voted for Helxit which lead to economic ruin and civil war. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition