By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

PotentHerbs said:

Would that mean Sony Interactive owns the rights to games like South Park: The Fractured But Whole? 

Usually game deals and tv deals are done separately I think. Paramount would have no reason to want the game rights to south park.

Around the Network
method114 said:

Usually game deals and tv deals are done separately I think. Paramount would have no reason to want the game rights to south park.

Paramount as it is now is different than a Paramount integrated within Sony Pictures. Letting Sony Interactive handle their gaming adaptations going forward is something I can see happening. 

Imagine Insomniac with a TMNT/Transformers game. Or how XDEV may leverage these IP's on a worldwide scale. 

PotentHerbs said:
method114 said:

Paramount as it is now is different than a Paramount integrated within Sony Pictures. Letting Sony Interactive handle their gaming adaptations going forward is something I can see happening. 

Imagine Insomniac with a TMNT/Transformers game. Or how XDEV may leverage these IP's on a worldwide scale. 

Oh I agree. I just think the deals that are already in place wont be gaming related. Sony will have to renegotiate that stuff and personally from what I saw with Spiderman royalties I think all gaming companies need to come up with their own IPs.

I think this is why Larian is moving away from Baulder Gate. They are having to pay so much just to use the IP.

coolbeans said:
VersusEvil said:

Picked up Viewfinder in the sale. Pretty unique puzzle game, enjoying it so far.

Curious to see how you rank it after Botany Manor.

Just got the plat for Viewfinder. Wouldn’t rank it as high as BM. BM was a much more peaceful and easier (lol) game. Maybe like a 8.5/10, you would love it if you love puzzle games. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

method114 said:

Oh I agree. I just think the deals that are already in place wont be gaming related. Sony will have to renegotiate that stuff and personally from what I saw with Spiderman royalties I think all gaming companies need to come up with their own IPs.

I think this is why Larian is moving away from Baulder Gate. They are having to pay so much just to use the IP.

Not if they end up owning Paramount lol. 

Around the Network

Wanted to ask this a few days ago but I'll do it now.

With the news that FF7 is leaving PlayStation Plus, that is only the classic version, and not the remake? I would hate to rush through FF7R just to beat it before May.

This sounds like this would be awsome.  All my favorite anime and shows into one.  This sounds like this would be better than HBO MAX. 

PotentHerbs said:

PlayStation Plus Premium with Paramount, Sony Pictures, Crunchyroll, and Sony Interactive rolled into one is going to shake up the streaming landscape. I'd be subscribing for all that content lol.

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

This sounds like this would be awsome.  All my favorite anime and shows into one.  This sounds like this would be better than HBO MAX. 

PotentHerbs said:

PlayStation Plus Premium with Paramount, Sony Pictures, Crunchyroll, and Sony Interactive rolled into one is going to shake up the streaming landscape. I'd be subscribing for all that content lol.

PS Premium going up to $250 a month.

No thanks

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

PS Premium 250 a month would be hard to deal with I have to say. 

Leynos said:
hellobion2 said:

PS Premium going up to $250 a month.

No thanks

BiON!@ 

So the Stellar Blade Review Embargo is in a few minutes. What's everyone think?

I expect 85 to start but it;ll go down to 84 by the time it's all said and done

Hope it's higher. Looks amazing but anime waifu games don't usually score them 90+ scores often.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android