By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Just a heads up to anyone who backed Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, the Kickstarter backer codes are available today. I am downloading it on PS5 now, 5 days before retail release.

Around the Network

Sony is reportedly in talks to buy Paramount Pictures in a bid with Apollo Global Management.

Would that mean Sony Interactive owns the rights to games like South Park: The Fractured But Whole? 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 18 April 2024

PlayStation Plus Premium with Paramount, Sony Pictures, Crunchyroll, and Sony Interactive rolled into one is going to shake up the streaming landscape. I'd be subscribing for all that content lol.

PotentHerbs said:

Sony is reportedly in talks to buy Paramount Pictures in a bid with Apollo Global Management.

Would that mean Sony Interactive owns the rights to games like South Park: A Fractured Butt Whole? 

Paramount is worth over 7 billion USD, from what I've looked up.

I can't believe Sony is willing to pay that much.

And as for South Park, I don't think it's that simple. It depends if Viacom has any stake in South Park with Paramount.

I don't think any one company has the rights to South Park in gaming right now. Ubisoft published the RPGs, THQ Nordic published Snow Day. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

And as for South Park, I don't think it's that simple. It depends if Viacom has any stake in South Park with Paramount.

I don't think any one company has the rights to South Park in gaming right now. Ubisoft published the RPGs, THQ Nordic published Snow Day. 

Didn't ViacomCBS rebrand into Paramount Global? I'm assuming Sony is acquiring the entire company and not just a subsidiary. 

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

From the article, it sounds like it is shared with the PS5 version. 

Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. They could split it, it might convince trophy hunters into buying more versions of the game intentionally.  

I'm still double dipping but damn, need to make it separate to make it worth it more lol.

One. More. Fucking. Week. Until my PS5 feels Stellar!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Wman1996 said:

The rumor is that Sony and Apollo Global Management would have a joint venture into Paramount.

Leynos said:

One. More. Fucking. Week. Until my PS5 feels Stellar!

The demo would've had to blow me away to justify spending $70.

I've already spent a lot on games this year between Persona 3 Reload and FF7 Rebirth, and it's not like those are the only games I've bought. Next month, I'm getting Paper Mario Day One and that's $60.

I've got to wait until Stellar Blade is $50-$60 before buying it. And if I wait 6 months or more past the launch, I could probably get it for $40 or under. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Stellar Blade day one.