By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Leynos said:

Like I said. CoD is hot pockets. It's not good. It's not the worst. It gets the job done but is nothing more than an FPS series. It's in the same boat as Madden.

Anyway FFXVI finally arrived and it's installed now.

On that we can agree.

Have fun with FFXVI.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Interesting. At 25 seconds in, Nixxes mentions they're working on remasters alongside PC ports.

I think it's a good move, if it also expands Nixxes. I would imagine that remasters will also come with their own PC version (maybe not day 1) that Nixxes will be involved with, so it's still a more PC focussed move.

zeldaring said:
twintail said:

*shrugs*

still not enough to make me buy an xbox over a PS. 

Well I think that's just the start microsoft could literally buy all thr third-party developers and really kill playstation off. COD is gonna be a massive hit for sony.

I don't think it'll be that east for MS to keep gobbling up devs/ publishers. But yeah, when COD is gone, it'll be quite the blow to Sony. But they must've been working on alternatives since the news broke that MS wanted to buy Activision. 

I mean, there's no way to tell. But I wouldn't be surprised if Sony gets a marketing deal for MOH going forward. Or have other plans.

twintail said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Interesting. At 25 seconds in, Nixxes mentions they're working on remasters alongside PC ports.

I think it's a good move, if it also expands Nixxes. I would imagine that remasters will also come with their own PC version (maybe not day 1) that Nixxes will be involved with, so it's still a more PC focussed move.

zeldaring said:

Well I think that's just the start microsoft could literally buy all thr third-party developers and really kill playstation off. COD is gonna be a massive hit for sony.

I don't think it'll be that east for MS to keep gobbling up devs/ publishers. But yeah, when COD is gone, it'll be quite the blow to Sony. But they must've been working on alternatives since the news broke that MS wanted to buy Activision. 

I mean, there's no way to tell. But I wouldn't be surprised if Sony gets a marketing deal for MOH going forward. Or have other plans.

It's gonna be next to impossible to find a alternative to the biggest franchise in gaming. COD sells like 25-30 million each year. Who knows how many people just buy a playstation just for cod

There's a rumor about Nixxes working on remasters alongside PC ports

https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstations-studio-nixxes-is-working-more-and-more-on-remasters-alongside-pc-ports-now.733767/page-3#post-107825298

I would love to see a remaster of Killzone, Resistance and other IPs that have a lot of games stuck on PS3.

Anyways, speaking of CoD since everyone is on the subject - they could bring back SOCOM.

zeldaring said:
twintail said:

zeldaring said:

It's gonna be next to impossible to find a alternative to the biggest franchise in gaming. COD sells like 25-30 million each year. Who knows how many people just buy a playstation just for cod

Eh, CoD is not a game you buy a console for. You buy CoD on the console you have. Sony doesn't need something to match its sales just something that is good enough for their core audience to be satisfied with and turns a profit.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
zeldaring said:

Eh, CoD is not a game you buy a console for. You buy CoD on the console you have. Sony doesn't need something to match its sales just something that is good enough for their core audience to be satisfied with and turns a profit.

You can't be serious. Most casuals buy a console for call of duty. It comes every year or so and sells 30 million. Many people I know bought a console for mainly cod. A HUGE  reason 360 was able to compete with playstation was mainly cod being that much better experience on 360 with the controller 

-Adonis- said:
coolbeans said:

Dayum!  What are you thinking with cuts that deep? 

I know that might offend you since you seems to be in love with a rich corporation.

IDK how you can try to imply someone is fanboy and then try to spew the below

If and I say "If" some xbox owners have enough money, they should go on PC. I understand that people who can't afford a good PC stick their box, but the others... I don't see the logic of buying a bad console with no interesting games

No interesting games is subjective, xbox has plenty of games that review extremely well, otherwise I don't see how xbox is a "bad console" other than you're obvious strong hatred that stems from having a preference 

on it, no possibility of modding and paying for playing online. That's just stupid.

Welcome to console life in 2023

People who buy a Nintendo console or a PS, I can understand since their games either stay on it or are release years later.

Now that PS is supporting PC you literally have to split hairs to even make any argument make sense, ofc PS is worth it because they release games on it LATER and not day 1 like MS. Yeah makes total sense. Just let people enjoy their consoles without being called stupid of theorizing they can't afford one ffs it's not that serious.

As for COD...

BasilZero said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstations-studio-nixxes-is-working-more-and-more-on-remasters-alongside-pc-ports-now.733767/page-3#post-107825298

I would love to see a remaster of Killzone, Resistance and other IPs that have a lot of games stuck on PS3.

Anyways, speaking of CoD since everyone is on the subject - they could bring back SOCOM.

If Sony aren't going to bother to bring Vita to Classics, then Killzone Mercenaries and Soul Sacrifice Delta would be great remasters for PS5/ PC. Granted, those probably would need a lot of extra TLC to look more next gen. 

But i guess they could just do the Bloodborne remaster LOL

zeldaring said:
Leynos said:

You can't be serious. Most casuals buy a console for call of duty. It comes every year or so and sells 30 million. Many people I know bought a console for mainly cod. A HUGE  reason 360 was able to compete with playstation was mainly cod being that much better experience on 360 with the controller 

And we do know that a lot of people bought a console that their friends have to play CoD together.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

twintail said:
BasilZero said:

If Sony aren't going to bother to bring Vita to Classics, then Killzone Mercenaries and Soul Sacrifice Delta would be great remasters for PS5/ PC. Granted, those probably would need a lot of extra TLC to look more next gen. 

But i guess they could just do the Bloodborne remaster LOL

I know Vita sold very little, but shouldn't be a problem to bring PSP and PSVita titles, PS3 is likely much more complicated.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."