By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

I'll probably skip the FF16 demo and just wait for the full release, though what I'm hearing so far is making me very excited to play it. Wouldn't be surprise if it ends up as my GotY, but we'll see once the full game is out.

Around the Network

Gaming journos using this demo to excuse other games for being sub 30 fps lmao
I dont even with these shills in games media

Yeah, I tried quality mode, and ooh boy no. It looks slightly more detailed and sharp but not worth the trade off IMO. I put it in performance mode and it looks slightly muddier but still good. Runs mostly smoothly but still has some hiccups. Since there is no day 1 patch. Just have to assume this is how it runs. The Bayonetta-esque fight between Ifrit and the Pheonix seemed to dip below 60 and other times performed better.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Anyone else playing the FF16 Demo? I'm early yet but you can tell by the presentation and style of writing VERY early mind you, it seems like they liked Game of Thrones.

I'm gonna try it out in the weekend. I cant do more than 1 hour of gameplay during weekdays :(

DonFerrari said:

I think this was just a confusion with the fan remake that is truly cool.

No, thats the memoria project that came out (somewhat) - they are making a remake (?) of FFIX, I think its just going to be a 1:1 remake like Persona 3 Reloadeed rather than a full fledged remake like FFVII Remake.

twintail said:

I thought PS+ games could now be purchased? Can't seem to find the buy option for a game I got off PS+...

NVM: it has to be done off your PS4/5. Can't do it off the phone app or web store. Weird... 

Yeah, you have to do it via the actual console, I had to do the same for Tearaway (which for some reason I had gotten the OST for free but couldnt buy it from PC store because it says I owned the game but did not lol).

the-pi-guy said:

It sounds like Square Enix is making remakes for Final Fantasy IX and X.

Someone said that Square's remake does not look as good as the fan remake. I don't think the fan remake would have made it on the Nvidia leak anyways. 

And the FFX remake is supposed to come out in 2026.

Yep, its the best time to be a FF fan since the late 1990s :)

Leynos said:

So far the demo is pretty good but there is some awkward we watched Game of Thrones moments like this that just don't work.

Sure, you could say that - but when I see something like this, it reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics (Original from PS1)  if it was fully remade in 3D.

Leynos said:

Yeah, I tried quality mode, and ooh boy no. It looks slightly more detailed and sharp but not worth the trade off IMO. I put it in performance mode and it looks slightly muddier but still good. Runs mostly smoothly but still has some hiccups. Since there is no day 1 patch. Just have to assume this is how it runs. The Bayonetta-esque fight between Ifrit and the Pheonix seemed to dip below 60 and other times performed better.

I'm likely gonna play it in Quality mode on my PS5 and then play it again in a few years later on PC when it comes out for full 4k 60 FPS.

Around the Network

Soulcalibur V and its DLC is getting delisted on both the PS3 and Xbox360 on June 19th 2023.

The game is $19.99 and the one important DLC (Character) is $2.99.

Game is not b/c.

FINAL FANTASY 16 ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME?!

While not 1:1 I tried the combat demo. I have some move sets from DMC and God Hand. Titan is basically Royal Gaurd from DMC. There is a stinger move. OH MY GOD I LOVE IT! Oh please let this game be amazing as I so so so so badly want this game to be great. Combat is not a letdown.

BasilZero said:
Leynos said:

Anyone else playing the FF16 Demo? I'm early yet but you can tell by the presentation and style of writing VERY early mind you, it seems like they liked Game of Thrones.

I'm gonna try it out in the weekend. I cant do more than 1 hour of gameplay during weekdays :(

DonFerrari said:

I think this was just a confusion with the fan remake that is truly cool.

No, thats the memoria project that came out (somewhat) - they are making a remake (?) of FFIX, I think its just going to be a 1:1 remake like Persona 3 Reloadeed rather than a full fledged remake like FFVII Remake.

twintail said:

I thought PS+ games could now be purchased? Can't seem to find the buy option for a game I got off PS+...

NVM: it has to be done off your PS4/5. Can't do it off the phone app or web store. Weird... 

Yeah, you have to do it via the actual console, I had to do the same for Tearaway (which for some reason I had gotten the OST for free but couldnt buy it from PC store because it says I owned the game but did not lol).

the-pi-guy said:

It sounds like Square Enix is making remakes for Final Fantasy IX and X.

Someone said that Square's remake does not look as good as the fan remake. I don't think the fan remake would have made it on the Nvidia leak anyways. 

And the FFX remake is supposed to come out in 2026.

Yep, its the best time to be a FF fan since the late 1990s :)

Leynos said:

So far the demo is pretty good but there is some awkward we watched Game of Thrones moments like this that just don't work.

Sure, you could say that - but when I see something like this, it reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics (Original from PS1)  if it was fully remade in 3D.

Leynos said:

I'm likely gonna play it in Quality mode on my PS5 and then play it again in a few years later on PC when it comes out for full 4k 60 FPS.

I liked FFVIIR, but will say for FFIX I'm totally ok with a "remakster", keep 1:1 improve the models and assets (if possible the cutscenes as well), a work for a small team to do within 1 or 2 years.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Leynos said:

Game is gold for some time already. I believe this demo is at least on the level of disc data. But yes we may see on day one patch it coming to 1.10 version.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

PotentHerbs said:

I'm a little late on this, but Foamstars having such great reception is really surprising, since that game was one of the few things I dreaded seeing in the PlayStation showcase.

From what I can gather, it currently is a PlayStation console exclusive, and could have the potential to be a surprise multiplayer hit like Fall Guys, if Sony is willing to put this game on PlayStation Plus.

If they weren't going to already, seems like pushing Foamstars more would be a logical move for Sony/ SE. it doing well and getting a stable base would be good for both of them.