By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

So what is everyone looking forward to seeing the most?

Notable options:

- Sony Bend's game
- Naughty Dog game after Factions
- Cory Barlog's game
- Bluepoint's next game
- Team Asobi's next game

Something else?

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Notable options:

- Sony Bend's game
- Cory Barlog's game
- Bluepoint's next game
- Team Asobi's next game

Something else?

Bluepoint's next game

Naughty Dog's next game that hopefully isnt Last of Us or Uncharted

Also hoping for a remaster or collection of the Ratchet and Clank collection/Future series and Sly.

the-pi-guy said:

Notable options:

- Sony Bend's game
- Cory Barlog's game
- Bluepoint's next game
- Team Asobi's next game

Something else?

-Would be cool to see more Astro Bot.  Perhaps Asobi does a Rescue Mission PSVR2 port.

-Would like to see that London Studio GaaS title.  Supposedly a cutesy Monster Hunter that's a hybrid of something else?  Looked cool.

-I wonder if Bluepoint would be down to remaster/revive a dormant IP like Warhawk or Killzone and just do only multiplayer.

the-pi-guy said:

Notable options:

- Sony Bend's game
- Cory Barlog's game
- Bluepoint's next game
- Team Asobi's next game

Something else?

A release date for Stellar Blade.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Castlevania has never been a PS-centric franchise (Even SOTN was on Saturn) but Sony keeps acting like they should have everything to themselves. I really hate Jim Ryan. If it is a new CV. Don't be fucking souls and don't be a Metroidvania. A bunch of that out there now. You have Bloodstained for that. Make a classic side-scrolling 2.5D linear gothic horror game. CVIV is still the best in the series.

Yes, Imagine Sony going there and saying "here take 100M USD to make this remake and please put in all system because we are good of heart".

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

As much as I hate to say it, I think the PixelOpus closure makes business sense.

Compare to Supergiant, it is in the ballpark of the same size of studio. And yet they're consistently putting out games every 3 years that are pretty much all reviewing better than Concrete Genie, which PixelOpus took 5 years to put out. PixelOpus has some very sweet origins, but they are not a big value add to PlayStation. 

Supergiant GamesPixelOpus

Transistor (83)

Pyre (82)

Hades (93)

Entwined (59)

Concrete Genie (75)

Transistor and Entwined came out in 2014. In that time frame, Supergiant put out two games to PixelOpus's one, and one of which was a GOTY contender, compared to even AAA games.  

It doesn't feel surprising.

The more "at risk" studios:

London Studio

Media Molecule

Team Asobi

Team Asobi is a critical darling, and puts out high quality games in a pretty quick amount of time. Not sure if they're breaking even, but they're putting out high quality stuff.

Media Molecule is a critical darling as well, but with worse budget issues. I could see their next game being a make it or break it, but I think they're fine.

London Studio is probably the worst one off. They're at least a pretty productive studio. Blood and Truth was definitely better received than anything PixelOpus put out. So there is that.

I could see any of them getting closed down at some point, but I doubt it (and I hope not).  

London Studio is a PSVR studio right? So I guess since they are very specific and almost the only one focused on it at Sony they may remain open.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

London Studio is a PSVR studio right? So I guess since they are very specific and almost the only one focused on it at Sony they may remain open.

No, they're working on a live service fantasy game. 

London Studio

the-pi-guy said:

Notable options:

- Sony Bend's game
- Cory Barlog's game
- Bluepoint's next game
- Team Asobi's next game

Something else?

My top three ATM:

1. Cory Barlog's game
2. Naughty Dog game after Factions
3. Bluepoint's next game

I also can't wait to see Wolverine!

the-pi-guy said:
DonFerrari said:

No, they're working on a live service fantasy game. 

London Studio

Hope it do well enough for them to continue to exist.

The Konami rumors are interesting.

I'm not that hyped for a potential MGS3 remake, I'm feeling tentative about Silent Hill 2, but a modern day Castlevania is very intriguing.