By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

BasilZero said:
Runa216 said:

I'm about halfway through 2 at the moment. Enjoying it a lot more than I remember. 

Which versions of FF2 have you played before?

I played the NES, PS1, GBA, and PSP versions.

The NES and PS1 versions I dropped but I did finish the GBA and PSP versions - the extra content in those versions were great, too bad they arent in the Pixel remaster.

But with the boosts it should make FF2 less grindy hopefully. I really didnt like the leveling system in FF2 lol

All but the original NES version, I kept bouncing off Final Fantasy II and III. Liked them but not enough to get over the levelling system. Now that there are trophies and I wanna complete the collection, I'm dealing with it and liking it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Got the platinum for FF1.

Doubt I will do the same for any of the others. Just depends on how difficult it is...

the-pi-guy said:

Got the platinum for FF1.

Doubt I will do the same for any of the others. Just depends on how difficult it is...

My one buddy has been going chronologically and just started six. He said they get progressively more difficult as they go with the first one being by far the easiest. 

I just finished 2 and it was a bit harder than 1 but not too terrible. Still pretty easy, just a lot of grinding at the end for one particular bestiary entry and getting your magic and weapon skills up to max. The skill levels in the game are weird as heck. Sometimes they...just don't level up. I was at level 15 cure with a sliver left to go and was constantly using cure in battle for an hour straight and it didn't move. then I used it once out of battle and it went up easily...but then I didn't get the achievement because it only counts if you level up to 16 in battle. so I had to level up another skill and refresh. 

IT's a wonderful game (The story is the best of the first three) and the leveling system is awesome in theory but it's fundamentally broken. Sad, it coulda been the definitive game of the NES trilogy if its leveling system was better. Not even kidding, I'm actually disappointed 2 isn't/wasn't more popular. Easily the best story of the NES trilogy. best characters, too. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I finished the main 4 levels in Astro's Playroom and about to fight the boss (yes I looked it up, I dont care about spoilers lol).

Such a sweet and short experience. I like it.

BasilZero said:

I finished the main 4 levels in Astro's Playroom and about to fight the boss (yes I looked it up, I dont care about spoilers lol).

Such a sweet and short experience. I like it.

Lovely game that I would certainly buy the full price version of a full experience.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

The trailer for the Gran Turismo movie.

I think it's surprisingly solid looking. It's a little bit of a goofy premise, but it feels like they're owning it, in a way that the Twisted Metal trailer just doesn't.  

BasilZero said

Next marathon will consist of the following....

-Final Fantasy I Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy II Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy III Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy IV Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy V Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy VI Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy VII (NS)
-Final Fantasy VIII (NS)
-Final Fantasy IX (NS)
-Final Fantasy X (NS)
-Final Fantasy X-2 (NS)
-Final Fantasy XII (NS)

Come on, no need to throw X-2 in the mix.

Apparently Shadow of the Colossus has had it's streaming issues fixed.

haxxiy said:
BasilZero said

Next marathon will consist of the following....

-Final Fantasy I Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy II Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy III Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy IV Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy V Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy VI Pixel (NS)
-Final Fantasy VII (NS)
-Final Fantasy VIII (NS)
-Final Fantasy IX (NS)
-Final Fantasy X (NS)
-Final Fantasy X-2 (NS)
-Final Fantasy XII (NS)

I'll accept no X-2 slander. 

gooch_destroyer said:
haxxiy said:

I'll accept no X-2 slander. 

Sad that FF Pixel Remaster doesn't have a physical release format.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."